Man stabbed near Weoley Castle Asda in 'targeted attack'
Above: The scene at Weoley Castle Asda on Friday
A man stabbed outside an Asda store was the victim of a targeted attack, police believe.
The 25-year-old was attacked close to the car park entrance at the store in Barnes Hill, Weoley Castle , at 8pm on Thursday.
West Midlands Police said he was stabbed in the stomach as he got out of his car by man who fled with an accomplice.
Read More Updates: Man stabbed near Weoley Castle supermarket
The force said the investigation was at an early stage but it was believed the knifeman had deliberately sought out the victim.
He was taken to... read more
- 13:28 YP Letters: Ominous silence from MP over fracking plan
- 13:28 Lionel Messi will marry his childhood sweetheart Antonella Roccuzzo...
- 13:28 YP Letters: What became of British Bulldog spirit in our dealings...
- 13:28 England seamer Jake Ball undergoes scan on knee injury just a week...
- 13:28 YP Letters: Rail strike will only hurt passengers
- 13:28 Big Brother 2017: Chanelle McCleary’s shocking game plan EXPOSED -...
- 13:28 Mattress 'mountains' springing up as firms find recycling too costly
- 13:27 You'll be VERY surprised what you can get on the back on a bicycle:...
- 13:27 Hunt continues for teenagers who attacked PCSO in Coventry city centre
- 13:27 Doncaster-on-Sea: Town would become a seaside resort if all the...
- 13:27 Life on Byker's Shields Road: From the 'undesirables' to staunch pride
- 13:27 FA, Sheffield Wednesday PLC and South Yorkshire Ambulance Service...
- 13:26 Martin Keown: Jack Wilshere will get a new Arsenal deal but it...
- 13:26 New scheme to speed up muscular appointments
- 13:26 Prime Minister praises Hillsborough families for campaign for justice
- 13:25 What is austerity?
- 13:24 YP Comment: The Hillsborough fight for justice – and how it can...
- 13:24 The pint-puller that's better than a bartender! Students create a...
- 13:23 The latest store to open at Bullring revealed
- 13:23 German fiscal plans include provisions for possible ECB rate hikes...
- 13:23 General Election 2017 result has caused 'collapse' in consumer...
- 13:22 Campaign week for Erb’s palsy
- 13:22 Liverpool target Naby Keita admits he wants to join Manchester City
- 13:22 Scots version of Harry Potter to be published
- 13:22 SO Fest performances in Horncastle relocate to Stanhope Hall due to...
- 13:21 Hillsborough: What the six defendants are accused of
- 13:20 Rare bee-eater birds seen at Nottinghamshire sand quarry
- 13:20 Mileposts project nears completion
- 13:20 Tributes paid to 17-year-old girl 'angel' Saffron Pickering
- 13:20 Appeal to find teen last seen outside Nottinghamshire supermarket