Man's 'stamping' injury too horrific for trial jury to look at
A man having birthday drinks with a friend in the centre of Carlisle was attacked and “stamped” on, a jury has been told.
Jordan Mark Dixon, 25, has gone on trial at Carlisle Crown Court after he pleaded not guilty to an allegation that he wounded Rodney Lowden with intent as part of a joint enterprise. He also denies an alternative charge of unlawful wounding.
On day one of the trial, jurors heard that Mr Lowden went out in Carlisle with his friend, Craig McKay. The pair each had six pints and decided to end their night at the Cumberland Inn on Botchergate.
There were no problems inside... read more
- 02:27 Leader of Australia's biggest state economy quits politics
- 02:26 Blake’s concern over Powerhouse “shift”
- 02:20 Tina & Bobby: The real golden couple – in pictures
- 02:19 Memphis Depay to Lyon: Man United winger pictured on arrival as...
- 02:19 Australian Open: Brit Kyle Edmund crashes out in straight sets to...
- 02:17 Toshiba shares slump on reports of U.S. nuclear business loss
- 02:17 Banks face talent crisis amid mounting costs of employee turnover -...
- 02:14 OSCE report cites concerns about U.S. electoral system - German media
- 02:14 Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz III will happen - Joe Rogan
- 02:14 British Tennis ace Dan Evans reveals worries during stunning...
- 02:10 Kyle Edmund crashes out of Australian Open after second-round...
- 02:07 Germany says boosting defence spending, demands clear U.S. agenda
- 02:00 China says police and judges need absolute loyalty to party
- 01:53 NHS staff shortages: Why so persistent?
- 01:53 The man correcting stories about Muslims
- 01:51 UPDATE: Police have formally identified teenage girl
- 01:50 Sedentary lifestyle in older women 'ages body cells'
- 01:49 Australian Open: Brit Johanna Konta picks off Naomi Osaka to reach...
- 01:45 Eddie Jones undecided on whether Dylan Hartley will lead England at...
- 01:44 Johanna Konta overcomes Naomi Osaka as Karolina Pliskova charges...
- 01:39 Australia Day campaign raises A$100,000 to replace billboard
- 01:34 Johanna Konta surges into round three of the Australian Open with a...
- 01:34 Worry over severity of WP Nel's neck injury that could keep...
- 01:24 Arsenal captain Per Mertesacker has been integral to Shkodran...
- 01:24 Mike Tyson releases diss track targeting Floyd Mayweather and...
- 01:23 Gambia's President Jammeh refuses to leave office as deadline passes
- 01:21 Manchester United star Anthony Martial was a huge fan of Ronaldo...
- 01:12 Robotic sleeve 'hugs' failing hearts
- 01:08 Looking ahead this year’s activities
- 01:07 Alibaba's Ma says no chance of U.S. trade war with China