Man's death in crash when he fell asleep at wheel prompts warning to drivers
The death of a man who fell asleep at the wheel of his car on the M69 is a stark reminder of the dangers of driving when tired, a coroner has said.
Senior coroner Catherine Mason issued the warning at the end of an inquest into the death of Tomasz Ormianski, held at Leicester Town Hall.
The 37-year-old carpenter from Saffron Lane, Leicester, was killed when his Ford Ka crashed on the Leicester-bound M69, near Thurlaston, at about 12.30am on Saturday, April 9 as he drove home from work.
He had been working long hours - although the inquest heard this was his choice.
Coroner Catherine Mason... read more
- 11:44 Greece targets trial return to markets in 2017, full return in...
- 11:41 Victor Moses is the ‘complete player’, says Chelsea forward Pedro
- 11:41 Man City v Chelsea: Cesc Fabregas starts as Nemanja Matic is ruled out
- 11:40 Gifted Dalton pupils design festive images for lights switch-on
- 11:40 Dalton set to celebrate Christmas with festive lights switch-on
- 11:40 Christmas 2016: Family Festival of Carols at Lichfield Cathedral
- 11:39 Residents fight against Coppull greenbelt homes
- 11:39 Owner of filthy sandwich shop banned for five years
- 11:39 Cunning plan hatched by this driver is foiled by police
- 11:39 Biker hurt in Blackpool crash
- 11:39 21 pictures you should see this week
- 11:39 Hull City transfer rumours - Reading striker on the agenda?
- 11:39 Live updates as police at scene of serious incident in Walker...
- 11:39 Muslims ‘forced to leave Christmas market after setting up Islam...
- 11:37 Dr Tony Xia claims Aston Villa will be Europe's best within a...
- 11:37 Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil once again praises 'idol' Zinedine...
- 11:37 The shocking scale of drug driving revealed
- 11:35 PICTURE: Lorry gets stuck under bridge on Derbyshire road
- 11:33 Jurgen Klopp confirms the one Liverpool player he would sell in...
- 11:33 Kerching! Lincoln Christmas Market's boost to city's small traders
- 11:33 Liverpool legend: I would have succeeded Sir Alex Ferguson as...
- 11:33 Dad donates dead son's unopened Christmas presents to sick children...
- 11:33 Dangers of the diet pills sold on the High Street: Experts warn...
- 11:32 Water shock! River clean-up nets a big haul
- 11:32 Organisers hoping for big turn-out at Xmas Market
- 11:30 BREAKING: Explosion tears through China leaving many feared dead
- 11:29 Stowaway migrants found crushed under trucks in Austria
- 11:29 Manchester City vs Chelsea, Premier League LIVE: Follow all the...
- 11:29 Yobs wreck blood biker’s Triumph Tiger
- 11:27 Key man exit may pave way for Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard to...