Man's death in crash when he fell asleep at wheel prompts warning to drivers
The death of a man who fell asleep at the wheel of his car on the M69 is a stark reminder of the dangers of driving when tired, a coroner has said.
Senior coroner Catherine Mason issued the warning at the end of an inquest into the death of Tomasz Ormianski, held at Leicester Town Hall.
The 37-year-old carpenter from Saffron Lane, Leicester, was killed when his Ford Ka crashed on the Leicester-bound M69, near Thurlaston, at about 12.30am on Saturday, April 9 as he drove home from work.
He had been working long hours - although the inquest heard this was his choice.
Coroner Catherine Mason... read more
- 14:55 EU's Juncker to talk to May on Tuesday
- 14:55 Former Manchester United defender Alex Buttner aims dig at Steven...
- 14:55 Projects given a sporting chance
- 14:54 'Resentful stable hand Daniel Edwards stabbed woman 19 times over...
- 14:54 Appeal for witnesses following distraction burglary
- 14:54 Britain's 12 Brexit objectives - which are the most important?
- 14:54 BREAKING Man who killed three members of Sheffield family LOSES...
- 14:53 Britain's 12 Brexit objectives - which are the most important?
- 14:53 Manchester United star: What I must do to keep my place in Jose...
- 14:53 Jurgen Klopp reveals the Liverpool player who is unhappy
- 14:53 Helen Bailey's partner accused of her murder told police she...
- 14:53 Defender is coming to the Premier League: West Ham and Watford want...
- 14:53 All of the wedding corners you can definitely cut to save money
- 14:53 When is World Gin Day 2017? Everything you need to know
- 14:52 VOTE: What issue should be Britain’s Brexit priority?
- 14:52 Afghan detainee suffers setback in Army detention case
- 14:51 Swinging gran says threesomes make her marriage stronger and sex...
- 14:51 University of Huddersfield students urged to get vaccination...
- 14:51 Huddersfield Town bound for Europe
- 14:50 Sturgeon: Indyref2 now "more likely"
- 14:50 Picture Special: Diego Costa spotted training at Chelsea… what do...
- 14:50 Brexit: 12 objectives of Theresa May’s negotiations
- 14:50 Young mum whose baby died finds strength to help others
- 14:50 Second arrest made after baby death
- 14:50 BP Whiting refinery operating normally after minor upset - source
- 14:49 Vatican orders Knights of Malta to cooperate with papal inquiry
- 14:49 France backs Astana Syria truce objectives, insists on credible...
- 14:49 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp gives update on Joel Matip situation
- 14:49 Everton hold transfer talks in Italy for winger: Manchester United...
- 14:48 Camera club welcomed talented guest