Man's death in crash when he fell asleep at wheel prompts warning to drivers
The death of a man who fell asleep at the wheel of his car on the M69 is a stark reminder of the dangers of driving when tired, a coroner has said.
Senior coroner Catherine Mason issued the warning at the end of an inquest into the death of Tomasz Ormianski, held at Leicester Town Hall.
The 37-year-old carpenter from Saffron Lane, Leicester, was killed when his Ford Ka crashed on the Leicester-bound M69, near Thurlaston, at about 12.30am on Saturday, April 9 as he drove home from work.
He had been working long hours - although the inquest heard this was his choice.
Coroner Catherine Mason... read more
- 15:27 Flu could lead to Parkinson's disease, warns study as the killer...
- 15:27 Ugandan health chiefs deny there is an outbreak of 'eye-bleeding...
- 15:27 Fancy a cup of creativi-TEA? Simple cuppa sparks an instant burst...
- 15:27 Father-of-three placed in a medically induced COMA after catching...
- 15:27 Police hunt after woman sexually assaulted at Metro station
- 15:25 First Milk to cut prices paid to farmers
- 15:25 Record number of Scots want to start a business
- 15:25 Full marks for charity times table challenge
- 15:25 Police chase car across Birmingham in massive response to suspected...
- 15:24 This poignant Lost Trawlermen's Day service will remember those who...
- 15:23 Celtic legend Kris Commons sends warning to Rangers about new...
- 15:23 'Carillion crisis must teach Government a lesson'
- 15:23 Walney man accused of assaulting partner during alleged domestic...
- 15:22 DOW BULL run continues as top US index opens at record high
- 15:22 Bitcoin price: Former minister says DAFT Bitcoin investors MUST be...
- 15:22 Meet the man making healthy chocolate in York.
- 15:22 Super slimmer Robert is now helping the hungry
- 15:20 B&M is recruiting an official chicken nugget taster: here's how to...
- 15:20 Two groups of feuding Derby youths are dealing drugs and have...
- 15:20 Carillion: The company entrenched in public life
- 15:20 'Carillion crisis must teach Government a lesson'
- 15:20 What if Liverpool DO replace Philippe Coutinho in January?
- 15:20 Our Lady of Compassion Catholic Primary School
- 15:20 Lapworth CofE Primary School
- 15:20 FIFA 18 Team of the Year midfielders announced – De Bruyne, Kante...
- 15:20 Storm Fionn to blast North Wales bringing 80mph winds, snow and ice
- 15:19 Write a will and plan your funeral if you go to North Korea, warns US
- 15:19 Giant steak returns to Aldi - here's when you can get it
- 15:19 Who are the current Cabinet ministers and who also attends...
- 15:19 Finishing THIS giant chicken nugget Nugzilla could win you £500