Man runs 10,506 miles to raise awareness of homophobic bullying
Ben Smith is running 401 marathons in 401 days – all to raise awareness of anti-LGBT bullying.
In case you’re not sure what kind of distance we’re looking at, that’s 10,500 miles in total – the equivalent distance between London and Sydney.
Ben, a 34-year-old campaigner for equality from Bristol, already has 10,189 miles behind him – or 389 marathons.
Now he’s calling for people to join him on his final stretch by signing up to #401Marathons.
‘The work against bullying and saving people from suffering long term problems because of being bullied is important, and I... read more
- 21:12 Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- 21:07 Scales of Justice: Harassment, criminal damage and assault
- 21:05 Former Royal Navy seaman jailed for exposing himself to women on buses
- 21:05 Watch Facebook pervert get snared by Dark Justice as he turn up to...
- 21:04 Chester's Northgate Arena shows it has solar flare
- 21:04 Walton Centre is named one of the best hospitals in the country
- 21:00 Toddler rushed to hospital with fractured skull after falling down...
- 20:59 Trafford Centre shoppers love 'John at The Orient' so much they...
- 20:58 Mòd set for Inverness in 2020 as it draws to a close in Western Isles
- 20:57 Speculators lift U.S. dollar bets to highest since late January...
- 20:52 U.N. appoints Wonder Woman as honorary ambassador amid outcry
- 20:44 Peru's wealthy president mocked for complaining about salary
- 20:42 PayPal says some customers unable to make payments due to cyber...
- 20:42 Aldi shoppers are warned to avoid Facebook voucher scam which could...
- 20:42 Two-wheel drive: China tech giants bet on 'Uber for bikes' in hunt...
- 20:42 New York governor approves new regulations on Airbnb
- 20:35 New signing frustrated at Arsenal: I expected more of a starring role
- 20:33 Cheeky eBay user wants you to make him a millionaire - by buying...
- 20:28 Men bailed after dog found buried alive near Redcar with nail...
- 20:26 Invest in farmers to curb migration to urban slums, cities told
- 20:25 Clash over festive trees
- 20:25 Snapped: Liverpool star attempts to beef up as he looks to get back...
- 20:25 Four fire engines sent out to incident in Stone Lane, Chesterfield
- 20:24 Mexico missing students: Ex-police chief in Iguala arrested
- 20:22 Man United injury woes: Ace set for lengthy stint on the sidelines
- 20:22 Kyle Edmund defeats Andreas Seppi to clinch semi-final spot
- 20:21 PPG is bringing the colour back to the Batley and Birstall community
- 20:19 Liverpool star Roberto Firmino has new celebration planned for West...
- 20:17 Rangers v Celtic team news: Bhoys at full strength for cup tie,...
- 20:17 Government blocks proposal to automatically pardon men convicted of...