Man murdered his parents – then killed 17 more people to cover up the crime
A ‘socially awkward’ Chinese gambler killed his parents after they refused to pay his debts – then killed 17 more people to cover up his crimes, local media reported.
Police arrested 7-year-old Yang Qingpei in Kunming – and said that his youngest victim is three years old, and his oldest 72.
The ‘socially awkward’ gambler confessed to police – and local media reported that he had killed his parents ‘in a rage’ after they refused to honour gambling debts.
Mass killings are rare in China and the incident dominated discussion on social media platforms.
MORE: Pound takes a tumble after Theresa... read more
- 04:42 Swathes of snowdrops at Stowe
- 04:42 Celebrity architect to speak at book launch
- 04:39 NEW SMUGGLER SCOURGE: 17,000 Traffickers 'using Facebook to smuggle...
- 04:39 Mexico hints it will start TRADE WAR with the US if Donald Trump...
- 03:59 Boredom in Britain at a new low
- 03:40 Self-medicating by drinking wine before bedtime will only make your...
- 03:40 Five teenagers to face court on terror charges
- 03:35 David Miliband 'deeply concerned' for Labour's future
- 03:15 Let DEMOCRACY speak: Marine Le Pen SLAMS media for censoring French...
- 03:03 YOU’RE ON YOUR OWN: China CLASHES with Donald Trump over North...
- 02:59 Bolivia's San Pedro 'tourist prison', 20 years on
- 02:59 Could the next Messi come from Nigeria as Barcelona launches Lagos...
- 02:59 IS in Afghanistan: How successful has the group been?
- 02:59 Kim Jong-nam death: Unravelling the mystery
- 02:59 Did Trump win because his name came first in key states?
- 02:57 Move into a nursing home while you're still fit, says care tsar as...
- 02:53 HMRC rejects tax avoidance criticism
- 02:52 Can community projects offer a way to affordable care?
- 02:41 Illegal air pollution levels endangering health of capital's children
- 02:32 Guatemala expels abortion boat crew
- 02:32 Egypt's Coptic Christians flee Sinai after deadly attacks
- 02:21 City homes 'least affordable since 2009'
- 02:12 Boris Johnson to visit Egypt for talks with president
- 02:07 ADM brokerage arm shifts more trades onto computer screens
- 02:07 Alphabet's self-driving car unit sues Uber with trade theft charge
- 01:53 Fashion house BCBG Max Azria prepares for bankruptcy: sources
- 01:49 Smuggled rare ploughshare tortoises go on display for first time
- 01:49 China's Panchen Lama says to uphold 'glorious tradition' of patriotism
- 01:42 Get your dancing shoes on for Grimsby's Strictly Get Dancing
- 01:42 What mummy really thinks about everyday family life