Man is rescued from fire in the early hours at a house in Castleford
An elderly man has been taken to hospital this morning after being rescued from a fire at his home.
He had been rescued before the fire brigade arrived at the house on Healdfield Road, Castleford but had suffered smoke inhalation. He was given oxygen by fire crews before being taken to hospital by ambulance.
West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue say the call came at 2.23am today (Wednesday) and the fire involved the front door of the house.
Appliances from Castleford and Normanton attended along with a fire investigation officer and said smoke alarms were fitted and working.
- 16:48 Girl, 18, fighting for life after common cold turned into sepsis
- 16:48 African-American student fined for spraying ‘KKK’ and ‘Leave...
- 16:48 Harrogate gym set to throw HIIT workout party with live DJ and free...
- 16:48 Received pronunciation may be dying out – but its passing is long...
- 16:47 Woman admits drink driving outside primary school
- 16:47 Cranes making "good progress" on Central Plaza works
- 16:47 Can you help find the family of a man who died in Hartlepool?
- 16:46 Tesco delays Clubcard changes after customer backlash
- 16:46 Is Trump administration losing the China trade war?
- 16:43 'Strip Northern of the franchise': Rail passengers slam shambolic...
- 16:42 Ringstead charity’s campaign to raise £30,000 in 30 days to mark 30...
- 16:42 Closed Sheffield church mounts appeal to pay for £120,000 ceiling...
- 16:41 Child sexual abuse and the Catholic Church: What you need to know
- 16:41 Brexit made every home in Yorkshire £900 poorer, according to Bank...
- 16:38 WATCH: Higher Wheelton girl honoured with national Macmillan award...
- 16:38 Military veterans are ‘not confident getting the help they need...
- 16:37 Northamptonshire governance crisis ends Cherwell council partnership
- 16:37 Oxfordshire County Council retains ‘good’ Ofsted rating for...
- 16:36 Northamptonshire governance crisis ends Cherwell council partnership
- 16:36 Knightcote murder trial: Jury to decide whether Warwickshire pilot...
- 16:33 Six ways the royal wedding will rewire your summer look
- 16:33 Tesco home delivery customers left fuming over computer glitch
- 16:33 Harry Potter and Tom Kerridge fuel Bloomsbury's record revenue
- 16:34 Joy at birth of incredibly rare reindeer twins in Highlands
- 16:33 What is ruby chocolate and how is it made?
- 16:33 Scottish employment numbers hit record high
- 16:33 Jet Airways now offers direct flights from Manchester to Mumbai
- 16:33 Can you listen to music during Ramadan?
- 16:33 With Google Lens, you might not need to remember the name of...
- 16:33 Harry and Meghan attend first royal event since wedding