Man in court accused of attempted murder over wife's botched parachute jump
An army sergeant has appeared in court accused of the attempted murder of his wife after her main parachute failed to open during a 4,000ft jump.
Emile Cilliers, 36, appeared at Salisbury Magistrates' Court to face the charge in relation to the incident at Netheravon Airfield, on Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire, in which Victoria Cilliers, 40, suffered "multiple serious injuries" on April 5 2015.
The defendant also faces a charge of damaging a gas fitting at the home of Mrs Cilliers in Amesbury, Wiltshire, while recklessly endangering life as well as a second charge of the attempted... read more
- 13:54 Mother of Baby P ‘asking for a hysterectomy to increase her chance...
- 13:54 Man who kept owl heads in jam jars fined
- 13:54 10 great things to do in Derbyshire this half term
- 13:53 YP Letters: Flawed arguments over compensation of Brexit trade loss
- 13:53 YP Letters: Heathrow PR overblows value of third runway
- 13:53 Disruption for trains through Preston over Easter Bank Holiday...
- 13:53 Students generosity helps Third World families
- 13:51 Colorado Girl Scouts are now allowed to sell their cookies in front...
- 13:52 Suspected drug dealer jumped in duck pond: Police chase in...
- 13:52 Warnings over Amazon toy after young girl ends up in hospital with...
- 13:51 Clitheroe is the unluckiest place in the UK
- 13:52 Institutional sex abuse survivors urged to come forward for inquiry
- 13:51 How do tuition fees in the UK compare to other countries?
- 13:51 10 great things to do in Derbyshire this half term
- 13:51 Clitheroe KFC temporary closure as chain runs out of chicken
- 13:51 Liam Payne, 24, reveals what he and Cheryl, 34, disagree over...
- 13:51 Cash Isa savings rates begin to tick up
- 13:51 The Great North Air Ambulance a step closer to finding a new base
- 13:51 Suspected drug dealer jumped in duck pond: Police chase in...
- 13:51 Stars of the future: The 50 most promising under-20 players in...
- 13:51 YP Letters: Dreading the closure of our local banks
- 13:51 KFC closures across Wigan borough - latest
- 13:49 NBA All-Star Weekend: Slam dunks, superheroes and a shaky anthem
- 13:47 Colorado Girl Scouts are now allowed to sell their cookies in front...
- 13:46 Revealed: The best Harrogate GP surgeries according to NHS rankings
- 13:46 Pete Wishart rules himself out of SNP’s deputy leader race
- 13:45 Have you seen missing 15-year-old Hannah?
- 13:44 Shocked Hucknall residents react to Strathmore Close ‘murder’
- 13:44 Have you seen missing 15-year-old Hannah?
- 13:43 New rules for Burnley street traders