Man hit by tram after mass brawl breaks out between migrants in Vienna
At least 20 people were involved in the fight, believed to have been between a group of Chechen and Turkish migrants, in the Austrian capital of Vienna on Tuesday evening.
Austrian media reported that the trouble started when a Chechen man approached a group of 15 Turkish men socialising in an internet cafe and told them to be quiet.
A brawl ensued, spilling out of the cafe and into the streets of the city's Favoriten district.
There was reports that one man was armed with a knife.
Vienna is also home to a large population of Chechen migrants.
As the fight continued, a Serbian man fell... read more
- 12:01 Cattle trough and dolly tubs stolen from West Rasen and Osgodby
- 12:01 Arsenal bring in All Blacks psychologist to improve mental...
- 12:01 Antonio Conte reveals why he dropped Cesc Fabregas for Chelsea’s...
- 12:01 Families describe how they fled for their lives from blazing hotel...
- 11:58 Putting their best foot forward... Clarks staff in Boston leave...
- 11:57 Arsenal will not win title unless Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil...
- 11:57 Heartachingly cute bulldog demands 6 belly rubs in a single minute
- 11:57 Why Malaysia’s Sabah region should be your next holiday destination
- 11:56 Named and shamed: Who's been in Derbyshire's courts?
- 11:55 Scunthorpe defeat is not the end of the world: How Twitter reacted
- 11:54 Greek parliament approves 2017 budget projecting return to strong...
- 11:54 Police are warned: No promise of extra cash
- 11:54 Market 'paradigm shift' may be under way, but more volatility...
- 11:48 Iran signs $16bn deal to buy 80 Boeing aircraft
- 11:48 Boris Johnson 'misreported' over Saudi Arabia
- 11:44 ECB's Weidmann - can't exclude option of state joining Italy bank...
- 11:44 Shrinking FX market could pose stability risk - BIS
- 11:42 Faulty lights spark safety fears
- 11:42 Farmers’ fears about violent crime
- 11:39 Live coverage of second murder investigation following fatal...
- 11:35 BREAKING: 17 people dead after two girls blow themselves up in...
- 11:35 It’s a record - Horncastle RBL raises appeal cash
- 11:35 Cattle trough and dolly tubs stolen from West Rasen and Osgodby
- 11:34 Here comes the bride... soaking wet! Photographer holds incredible...
- 11:34 Uber driver clocks 'longest ride in history' after taking customer...
- 11:34 Fantasy holiday! Bachelor reject Kiki Morris flaunts her bronzed...
- 11:33 Wow! Giant Star Wars AT-ACT built by Lincolnshire inventor
- 11:31 Chelsea star offered mammoth contract to leave Stamford Bridge
- 11:31 Theo Walcott: This is why Arsenal are top of the table
- 11:30 Rent-a-Jew tells you all you need to know about Jews