Man found with haul of weapons in his car – police descend
A drug dealer who armed himself with weapons to protect himself has been jailed.
Matthew Ackroyd, described as a street dealer, was twice found with drugs on him after he was stopped by police in his home town of Boston.
Phil Howes, prosecuting, said that Ackroyd initially attracted suspicion after he was spotted by a CCTV operator who reported suspicious behaviour in Lawrence Lane, Boston.
The matter was passed on to police who followed Ackroyd to Church Close in the town.
The car Ackroyd was driving had no insurance or valid MoT certificate and a syringe was found on the passenger seat.... read more
- 00:22 Lukas Podolski insists his fairytale ending for Germany was 'like...
- 00:22 Thomas Muller admits Lukas Podolski's fairytale farewell game for...
- 00:22 One in four waiting for an inheritance before they can buy a house
- 00:22 Yorkshire ‘postcode lottery’ means patients must get fatter to have...
- 00:21 Derby firm EightPixelsSquare hoping to score a success with new...
- 00:21 London terrorist attack - Derby man waits for news of his friends...
- 00:20 Germany says its current account surplus will shrink in coming years
- 00:19 Moderate drinkers less likely to suffer from heart problems,...
- 00:19 'Super-obesity' required factor in some cases before weight loss...
- 00:18 Headingley experts set to offer advice
- 00:18 Report reveals NHS failing Down’s syndrome patients
- 00:18 Sarra Hoy becomes premature birth charity ambassador
- 00:16 Triumphs of science fiction’s collective imagination
- 00:16 Much to admire in diva’s biodrama
- 00:16 A Woolf at the door of greatness
- 00:16 Rugby Union: NZ opts out of playing England in November
- 00:16 Bronze confident of beating Fortuna
- 00:16 ILO extends probe into labour laws
- 00:16 Rehabilitating George Bush and Tony Blair
- 00:16 ‘I don’t want no peace, I want rights and justice’
- 00:16 Did Orwell steal from a communist artist?
- 00:16 Labour forces another U-turn
- 00:16 Sudoku 3703 hard
- 00:16 Turkey, al-Qaida and the US all launch fresh offensives
- 00:16 Eurozone chief faces fury over insults
- 00:16 Venezuela: US diplomats ‘seek anti-Maduro allies’
- 00:16 Bosses told to give back job to abused nurse
- 00:16 State pension age could be raised to 70, says report
- 00:16 Teachers from NUT and ATL form super-union
- 00:16 Westminster in Lockdown