Man found seriously injured at Northumberland beauty spot dies in hospital
A man who was found seriously injured at a Northumberland beauty spot has died in hospital.
Darren Bonner, from Sunderland, spent two weeks fighting for life in hospital, after a dog walker found him seriously injured in a shallow grave beside a coastal road in Cresswell.
But the 24-year-old, of Palmstead Road, Pennywell, has now passed away.
Northumbria Police launched an investigation and two people were charged with attempted murder.
Richard Spottiswood, 33, of Canterbury Way, in South Shields, and Lucy Burn, 29, of Burns Close, South Shields, appeared in two separate hearings at South... read more
- 12:57 Everton vs Arsenal: Line-ups and full team news confirmed
- 12:57 Everton vs Arsenal: Gunners perfect team to play to save Ronald...
- 12:56 Flood warnings and alerts across Yorkshire as Storm Brian hit region
- 12:55 Flood warnings and alerts across Yorkshire as Storm Brian hit region
- 12:54 This is how to get tickets for the live X Factor shows
- 12:54 Flood warnings and alerts across Yorkshire as Storm Brian hit region
- 12:53 Business is booming
- 12:49 Flood warnings and alerts across Yorkshire as Storm Brian hit region
- 12:47 Ryan Burnett in line for Paul Butler showdown in New Year after WBA...
- 12:47 Brig’s run comes to a halt
- 12:46 Sunday Brunch fans distracted as guest flaunts bust in low cut top:...
- 12:46 GP surgeries to cutback on prescriptions
- 12:45 Homeless woman ‘returns Cameron Diaz’s wallet after actress dropped...
- 12:45 Who is Mary Elizabeth Winstead?
- 12:45 Halloween 'spooktacular' event at Rosliston Forestry Centre to get...
- 12:45 TV CHOICE: Plan your week of TV
- 12:44 Mum who believes in 'unschooling' reveals why she doesn't...
- 12:41 Four day voyage home planned for iconic Doncaster boat
- 12:41 Zlatan Ibrahimovic will continue for another five years, claims...
- 12:40 James McClean: West Brom winger shares frustration over lack of...
- 12:40 How much you can save if you book your festive rail travel now
- 12:39 This is the way to live your life with a brain tumour
- 12:37 Man Utd news: Mourinho fully to blame for Huddersfield defeat after...
- 12:37 Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof hammered by fans and...
- 12:37 Dundee United sack boss Ray McKinnon after second consecutive...
- 12:37 Citizens Advice reveal what you can do to save on your phone contract
- 12:36 Are you adequately prepared for a comfortable retirement?
- 12:36 How you can safeguard yourself against businesses going bust
- 12:36 Mark retires after 38 years
- 12:36 Everton vs Arsenal: Alexandre Lacazette, Alexis Sanchez and Mesut...