Man dubbed himself 'holy crusader', and said 'death will come to all Muslims', court told
A man has been charged with sending offensive emails to an anti-hate crime organisation including threatening to blow up a mosque.
John Nimmo, 28, from South Shields , is accused of sending the messages to Faith Matters, a non-profit group that focuses on cohesion and countering extremism.
He is charged with sending messages through the group’s website, in a section that allows users to report incidents of hate crime.
Lee Poppett, prosecuting, said the emails allegedly contained references to him being a “holy crusader” and said “death will come to all Muslims”.
Appearing by video link at... read more
- 08:25 National Pet Month: Why dogs, their waggy tail and friendly woof...
- 08:25 Lloyds details steps to help boost business growth
- 08:24 NASA captures incredible image of Earth from 870 million miles away
- 08:24 Two young adults hospitalised after car found on its side in a field
- 08:23 Sergio Ramos complains about 'excessive' red card for tackle on...
- 08:23 Barcelona boss Luis Enrique reveals the special Lionel Messi tactic...
- 08:23 Harry Redknapp: This is what pleased me about Birmingham's defeat...
- 08:23 Pound Sterling Latest: Euro roller coaster ride as France election...
- 08:22 Named and shamed: Who's been in Derbyshire's courts?
- 08:22 Incredible images of Northern Lights captured by photographer in...
- 08:22 Man faked terror plot to get out of holiday with his girlfriend
- 08:21 TOWIE star Ferne McCann's boyfriend Arthur Collins Tasered by...
- 08:21 Jimmy Choo on the market amid strategic review
- 08:21 Union warns of impact of Brexit on workers' rights
- 08:21 Lawyers facing tribunal over claims of torture by UK troops
- 08:21 Royal seal of approval for steam engine restored after vandalism
- 08:21 Main road in Cumbria blocked by HGV
- 08:21 Rangers defender James Tavernier points the finger at Don Robertson...
- 08:21 Consultants preparing report on future of 4,000 council houses...
- 08:20 Afghan defence chiefs resign over deadly Taliban attack
- 08:19 Primary school forced to close after travellers arrive on land
- 08:19 Rat alert on duck pond near school
- 08:19 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry and Warwickshire on...
- 08:19 Man critical in hospital after being hit on the head by 'falling rock'
- 08:18 EXCLUSIVE: Tories rebel against ‘Ruth tax’ imposed on councillors
- 08:16 Great British banger to be celebrated in style at Cumbrian castle
- 08:16 Incredible images of Northern Lights captured by photographer in...
- 08:16 'Evil' pensioner faces dying in prison for horrific sex offences
- 08:16 Controversial £141m Haydock logistics park plans unveiled
- 08:15 Tories urged to give Scotland control of immigration after Brexit