Man dies after serious crash near James Bateman Junior High School in Knypersley
A man has died following a serious crash last night.
Staffordshire Police have this morning confirmed that a 66-year-old man died after a crash on Park Lane in Knypersley.
The crash happened shortly before 11pm last night near to James Bateman Junior High School in the village.
A spokesman for Staffordshire Police said: "The vehicle left the road and hit a lamppost.
"As a result, a 66-year-old man, the driver of the car, died."
According to the spokesman, ambulance crews were sent to the scene but nothing could be done to save the man.
Following the crash, the road was closed... read more
- 00:15 John Sheridan apologises for shocking rant in which former Notts...
- 00:15 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admits the need for new signings...
- 00:14 Search for company to design, build and maintain trains for HS2...
- 00:14 Teenager remanded in custody over Leonne murder
- 00:14 Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce blasts striker: I won't have anarchy
- 00:14 Newcastle star is making a mockery of Mike Ashley's transfer policy
- 00:14 Chris Ashton reveals reasons for quitting Saracens for Toulon
- 00:14 Ronnie O'Sullivan beats Joe Perry to win seventh Masters title
- 00:11 Young consumers 'expect better service'
- 00:10 Frying and roasting in cancer link
- 00:09 Poet calls for ‘proud nation’ ahead of Scotsman bicentenary
- 00:09 ScotRail boss denies exit is linked to poor performance
- 00:09 Leader comment: Row over nuclear missile is more heat than light
- 00:09 Police: Human trafficking cases ‘could rise’ with new laws
- 00:09 Agency nurses paid £1500 for shifts at Scottish hospitals
- 00:09 Livingston is Scotland’s top performer in house price growth
- 00:09 Labour to reject SNP Budget as pressure builds on MacKay
- 00:09 SNP to reject Commons vote on Brexit as Indyref2 clock ticks
- 00:09 Theresa May faces calls to come clean on failed Trident test
- 00:07 Justice catches up with Leeds rapist who preyed on women as they slept
- 00:06 Great snaps from YFoto members
- 00:04 The Gambia 'missing millions' after Jammeh flies into exile
- 00:04 Arsene Wenger deserves this punishment for dismissal against...
- 23:51 Killer in the kitchen? 'Cancer risk' from crispy potatoes, chips...
- 23:46 Sherlock fans livid after Apple Tree Yard turned out NOT to be a...
- 23:46 Mario Balotelli was racially abused by Bastia fans in recent Ligue...
- 23:42 BREAKING: 'One killed and six injured' after gunman opens fire at...
- 23:38 Footballer Ryan Mason suffers fractured skull after sickening clash...
- 23:38 Deadly storms kill 16, trigger tornado threat across U.S. South
- 23:34 Hull City's Ryan Mason stable after surgery on fractured skull