Man denies rape at Huddersfield guest house
A man accused of raping a woman at a B&B in Kirkburton has told the court he had sex with her - but denies rape.
Kering Sambou, 39, told the jury at Preston Crown Court he went on a night out in Huddersfield with two women, before returning to the Spring Grove Tavern in Kirkburton with them.
He said after one of the women passed out drunk at the hotel, he walked the other woman home.
The court heard he returned to the hotel room, where it is alleged he raped the first woman, who cannot be identified for legal reasons.
She said she awoke alone in the room the following morning partially... read more
- 07:34 Cristiano Ronaldo knows Paul Pogba is 'willing to lower salary' to...
- 07:27 Army minister accuses Corbyn of siding with Russia against Nato
- 07:24 Champions League winner Luis Enrique stalls on Chelsea as he eyes...
- 07:24 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho branded CLUMSY and TASTELESS...
- 07:21 Homeless man's joy at getting YMCA flat after ten years of sleeping...
- 07:16 6 unusual honeymoon destinations – from joining the cowboys to...
- 07:15 Real Madrid news: Neymar drops biggest hint yet that he wants to...
- 07:15 Juan Martin del Potro piles pressure on Roger Federer with latest...
- 07:14 George Christensen attacks own government over abortion services...
- 07:12 Lucas Industries company archives go online
- 07:06 The student experience — then and now
- 07:05 Space stations: our future among the stars
- 06:54 Man Utd player REVOLT: Match of the Day pundits predict horrific...
- 06:54 F1 news: Lewis Hamilton on verge of record-breaking £40m Mercedes...
- 06:51 McDonald’s Monopoly to start next week
- 06:51 Primark recalls cushions that pose potential fire risk
- 06:51 BBC want ex-couples to take part in exciting new show
- 06:48 Man who saved Hearts writes play on ‘insanity of Scottish football’
- 06:46 Are we prepared for the looming epidemic threat?
- 06:45 McDonald’s Monopoly to start next week
- 06:45 Primark recalls cushions that pose potential fire risk
- 06:45 BBC want ex-couples to take part in exciting new show
- 06:43 McDonald’s Monopoly to start next week
- 06:43 Primark recalls cushions that pose potential fire risk
- 06:43 BBC want ex-couples to take part in exciting new show
- 06:42 Free events in Louth and Horncastle area this Easter
- 06:38 India SLAMS Pakistan for ‘BLOCKING access to websites’ amid rising...
- 06:37 Row over refund from energy company which took over from bust supplier
- 06:37 McDonald’s Monopoly to start next week
- 06:37 Gateshead's QE Hospital at 70 - where would we be without it?