Man City youngsters offered fresh hope for first team chances
Brahim Diaz's debut has lifted Manchester City's academy by offering up a more direct route to the first team.
With first-team opportunities at a premium in recent years, the club has sent droves out on loan as a way of building up experience of competitive football.
That has continued this season, with as many as ten youngsters sent to clubs in the Netherlands for regular game time.
City's academy has changed its structure so that most players above the age of 18 are off playing elsewhere, taking what they hope will be the final step in their progression before becoming part of the first... read more
- 10:39 Liverpool was the star of the small screen today - and Scousers...
- 10:39 Boys pictured taking one last looked before school was bulldozed in...
- 10:39 One of North West's busiest motorway junctions facing TWENTY weeks...
- 10:38 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:38 Royal Highland Show 2018: Everything you need to know
- 10:38 Centre Parcs set to trial fun jet powered water board in leisure...
- 10:38 Music & Spoken Word review: Bill Murray, Jan Vogler and Friends,...
- 10:38 Was Seaton the best in the country at welcoming the roadshow?
- 10:38 JELLYFISH: Warning after hundreds of stinging jellyfish hit Fylde...
- 10:37 Lukasz Fabianski joins West Ham: Poland star explains why he...
- 10:36 New award on the menu for ‘innovative’ food firms
- 10:36 Children sent to ‘tender age’ shelters after being separated from...
- 10:36 RETRO: Star Sheridan makes her entrance 37 years ago
- 10:34 Amelia’s Americana sound is unplugged
- 10:34 Fylde Coast GPs will not offer hayfever remedies
- 10:34 Sheffield school lands national award for its science work
- 10:34 Metal detectorists unearth unique hoard of Roman artefacts
- 10:33 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:31 GALLERY: Amazing pictures from inside the derelict Royal Court Theatre
- 10:31 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:30 Well-known Burnley youth club leader dies
- 10:30 This is how Warwick University is supporting women in engineering
- 10:29 Tony Abbott signals he'll cross the floor to vote against...
- 10:29 'Please let me lay him to rest' Grieving sister issues burial plea...
- 10:28 Yorkshire cycle scheme helping young and old
- 10:28 Ripon shop burglary: CCTV image of suspect
- 10:26 Knight’s Days - the Life at Westminster column with MP Sir Greg Knight
- 10:26 Blackpool South MP’s concern at sharing of student’s data
- 10:26 World record bid at Blackpool music event
- 10:26 Amelia’s Americana sound is unplugged