Man becomes first patient in the world to have two face transplants
A man whose face transplant had to be replaced has become the first patient ever to have the procedure twice.
The patient had to live on life support without a face for two months before the operation at Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, on Monday.
Only 40 face transplants have ever been performed and six of the patients died, The Local reported.
However, this man, who is in his 40s, had his first transplant seven years ago but last year his body rejected his face.
A press statement issued by the French biomedicine agency and public hospital system said: ‘This graft shows for the... read more
- 12:32 Real Madrid aim to ‘announce Man Utd transfer agreement’ after...
- 12:30 Sellafield workers recognised for promoting diversity
- 12:30 Slapped cheek syndrome: grieving mum who lost son warns common...
- 12:30 In Pictures: Hundreds enjoy Brailes’ sunny hills walk
- 12:29 A dog which attacked a man in the street has been spared from being...
- 12:29 Big-spending days are over but why can’t Borussia Dortmund be a...
- 12:28 Obituary: Dales woman who grew up with no electricity
- 12:28 Man arrested over murder of baby girl in Sheffield
- 12:27 Barnett helps to let Godleman off the leash
- 12:26 Quirky cars of the Rotary Grand Tour to roll into Halifax
- 12:26 MANCHESTER ARENA ATTACK ONE YEAR ON: How the anniversary is being...
- 12:25 This is how many Wembley tickets Coventry City's opponents Exeter...
- 12:25 Danish minister Stojberg provokes Ramadan row
- 12:25 Sweden sends out leaflets on how to prepare for war
- 12:24 How much did the royal wedding cost and who paid for it?
- 12:24 Northumberland woman left pet puppy and kitten to die
- 12:24 Belper Town FC sponsor deal sees famous motor oil firm return to roots
- 12:22 Missing Chris May case: Body found in Essex murder probe
- 12:20 Cathedral artwork features in public exhibition for first time
- 12:20 Obituary: Dales woman who grew up with no electricity
- 12:20 M&S announce store closures across the country
- 12:20 Middlesbrough release Martin Cranie and Tomas Mejias as retained...
- 12:19 F-35 stealth fighter sees first combat, in Israeli operation
- 12:19 Tibet activist jailed in China over language campaign
- 12:19 Panama says new evidence shows 1994 plane crash 'terrorist' incident
- 12:19 MANCHESTER ARENA ATTACK ONE YEAR ON: How the anniversary is being...
- 12:18 Cheshire set for a beautiful bank holiday weekend
- 12:17 Premier League transfer news: Robert Lewandowski, Anthony Martial,...
- 12:16 Rudy Giuliani won deal for OxyContin maker to continue sales of...
- 12:16 Italy: Giuseppe Conte's academic credentials questioned