Man banned from Hebridean island after threatening local who stole his wife
A COURT banned a spurned husband from a Hebridean island after he confronted a ferry skipper who stole his wife.
Michael Ellis moved to Raasay, which has a population of just 170, in August last year with his wife Anna.
The couple, from Northumberland, had hoped to start a new life together.
But Anna left her husband of 20 years for local ferryman Alastair Gillies.
Last week, a court heard 51-year-old Ellis bombarded his wife with abusive and threatening text messages and put a note on Alastair’s windscreen, warning him to stay away from his wife or “suffer the consequences”. The irate... read more
- 10:07 ‘Thousands’ of emails uncovered in Trump Russia probe
- 10:07 Water finally restored for 10,000 homes in Tewkesbury after pipe burst
- 10:05 Desert Island Discs: ‘Fleetwood Mac rocked thanks to the drugs’...
- 10:05 Joe Root and Alastair Cook fall away with England on brink of Ashes...
- 10:05 Mitchell Starc's 'ball of the 21st century', Stuart Broad's worst...
- 10:04 RAC warns South Yorkshire drivers to avoid travelling on...
- 10:03 Ugo Ehiogu remembered by Gareth Southgate
- 10:02 Crutch kicked from hand of disabled woman damaged
- 09:59 Firefighters called to blaze in Warwick Hospital car park
- 09:57 Will Derby enjoy a white Christmas? Forecasters think they have the...
- 09:57 How they rated: Who impressed for Preston against Sheffield United?
- 09:57 Lincolnshire gritters efforts are praised by leader of council
- 09:57 Lord Lieutenant receives knighthood
- 09:57 Woman helps Rwandan firm
- 09:56 Outstanding praise for clinical team
- 09:56 Cardiff City defender to quit club for LA Galaxy move
- 09:56 Barcelona news: Lionel Messi told Real Madrid bombshell by PSG star...
- 09:51 Attempted break in at Burnley Tesco Express store
- 09:51 Police appeal for sex offender's whereabouts
- 09:51 Australia close in on Ashes victory as England's top order...
- 09:51 Politicians flock to congratulate Strictly winner Joe McFadden
- 09:49 Central Beacons rescue team battles on after fire
- 09:49 'My brother was killed by a single punch'
- 09:48 Learner driver from Nottingham PARKED in the fast lane of the M1 -...
- 09:47 Attempted break in at Burnley Tesco Express store
- 09:47 Police appeal for sex offender's whereabouts
- 09:46 North East news LIVE: Bentinck Road latest plus breaking news,...
- 09:45 Quickline extends customer base
- 09:45 Scamblesby man, 20, faces charges over crash gates collision
- 09:44 'He's our little angel' Parents' desperate plea to bring baby home...