Man bailed after being arrested in the street on suspicion of terror offence
A man has been bailed after he was arrested in a London street by Scotland Yard's Territorial Support Group on suspicion of a terror offence.
Police also searched a residential address in east London and a business area in Essex as part of the investigation, the Metropolitan Police said.
The man was arrested in the street in east London on Sunday, and taken to an east London police station.
A Met spokesman said: "The man was detained and then arrested on suspicion of possessing an article for a purpose connected with the commission, preparation or instigation of an act of terrorism... read more
- 15:25 Fleetwood care home plan is deferred
- 15:25 Man draws firearm in attempted robbery at Grantham store
- 15:24 Pinewoods group's plea to council over Irongate Field
- 15:24 Big problems on Leeds Road due to roadworks
- 15:24 Charge details show Barrow man is accused of possessing £12,800 of...
- 15:23 Ricky Hatton tips Tyson Fury to end Anthony Joshua’s reign in 2018
- 15:23 Chelsea suffered double transfer blow over Antonio Conte sacking fears
- 15:23 Man seriously injured after falling 100 metres in Snowdonia
- 15:22 'They're driving us batty' - residents want action after 200,000...
- 15:21 Ice warning for Coventry as temperatures plunge to -7C
- 15:21 What is idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis? Keith Chegwin dies after...
- 15:21 Drunk Worksop dad crashed car into ex’s garden wall
- 15:21 Where to take your kids to see Santa in Derbyshire
- 15:21 Aldermen and alderwomen honour for six former county councillors
- 15:21 Man threatened with knives after asking teenagers to stop throwing...
- 15:21 Jose Fonte hits back at West Ham owner’s transfer claim
- 15:21 QATAR sign £5billion deal to buy 24 TYPHOON jets from UK
- 15:20 Record child demand at food banks
- 15:20 Help to Save scheme to start slowly
- 15:20 Food review: The Italian Connection on Cold Bath Road
- 15:20 Drunk Worksop dad crashed car into ex’s garden wall
- 15:20 Pinewoods group's plea to council over Irongate Field
- 15:20 Keith Chegwin dies aged 60 - tributes paid to much-loved entertainer
- 15:19 West Brom and Swansea on alert as asking price dropped for Albion...
- 15:19 Birmingham City defender extends loan with League Two Wycombe...
- 15:18 The women boxers of Gleason's Gym – photo essay
- 15:17 Corby autism campaigner attends Parliamentary debate
- 15:17 Olympic swimmer inspires competitors in Corby
- 15:17 Drunk Worksop dad crashed car into ex’s garden wall
- 15:16 French student's bonjour to Burnley