Man arrested at Hengistbury Head after woman's body found
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman's body was found in Bournemouth.
Dorset Police said officers attended an address in Harley Gardens at about 14:20 BST and found a woman, believed to be aged in her 20s, had suffered serious injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Armed officers, assisted by a helicopter, conducted a search of the area and a 26-year-old local man was located at Hengistbury Head.
He was arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently assisting officers with inquiries.
The address in Harley Gardens has been cordoned off while crime scene... read more
- 00:31 M&S rides storm after clothing sales setback
- 00:31 City news: Ineos, RBS, Britain's car industry, Screwfix
- 00:29 Fly to the US for less than £100 as low-cost airline opens new...
- 00:28 Donations flood in for homeless heroes
- 00:25 The sex slaves of al-Shabab
- 00:23 Manchester attack: Everything we know about suicide bomber Salman...
- 00:22 Found at scene in Manchester: Detonator, Shrapnel and battery
- 00:22 Watch Europa League final highlights after Manchester United beat Ajax
- 00:22 Tiger Woods determined to play golf again but admits he faces at...
- 00:21 Here is everything we know so far about the Manchester tragedy
- 00:20 Manchester terror attack: Nuneaton property raided and man arrested
- 00:19 Churches and police join forces to help most vulnerable in Cumbria
- 00:18 Call for Leeds rail passengers to help protect vulnerable children
- 00:18 Drinking coffee may have protective effect against liver cancer,...
- 00:18 Patrick Mercer: Terrorism – we must protect those who protect us
- 00:18 YP Comment: Standing up to the forces of evil. Soldiers in a show...
- 00:17 Jose Mourinho: This striker could be at Manchester United next season
- 00:17 Manchester United told to go on epic spending spree: They need four...
- 00:16 The staggering number of abusive tweets sent to MPs
- 00:10 Last night's TV reviewed: Fair cops a force for good
- 00:10 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set to name shock inclusion for Chelsea...
- 00:09 'I turned my dad's erotic novel into a hit podcast'
- 00:06 Coronation Street attacker reveal, killer exit and rape horror: 10...
- 00:05 Syrian army drives back Isis in surprise blitz offensive
- 00:05 Venezuela: Delayed regional elections after constitution rewrite
- 00:05 Philippines: Dirty Duterte may extend martial law
- 00:05 PCS: Serwotka presses for end to zero-hours
- 00:05 ‘Despicable’ Argos bosses refuse to talk to strikers
- 00:05 PCS: Civil servants will get behind Labour
- 00:05 Egypt blocks 21 websites, including Al Jazeera - state news agency