Man arrested after Staffordshire Police raid discovers air weapon and machete
Armed police officers have arrested an 18-year-old man reportedly in possession of an air weapon.
Firearms officers were sent to the scene in Elm Street, Cobridge, at around 5.30pm yesterday.
Police conducted a search of a property in the street and seized the weapon and a machete.
This comes just 24 hours after a man was shot in the head with a pellet gun in Cobridge. It is unknown at this stage if the two incidents are connected.
A Staffordshire police spokesman said: "As is usual in these circumstances, firearms officers were deployed to the scene and Elm Street was closed for a... read more
- 08:23 Protest being organised over the Ashington Hole
- 08:23 Tea party for guide dogs charity in Skegness
- 08:21 The ultimate INSIDER guide to New York: From sensational...
- 08:19 Driver of car that overturned on the M6 arrested for suspected...
- 08:19 Delays after van fire on the M6
- 08:19 Pupils’ special lesson from global business
- 08:17 Three abandoned fox cubs adopted by farmer's dog
- 08:16 Protest being organised over the Ashington Hole
- 08:13 FARMING MATTERS: Lambing in full flow with lots of singles
- 08:12 Women lead the way in Cumbria - county authority votes in all...
- 08:09 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang sends tribute to departing Arsenal...
- 08:04 These 10 artists prove autism is no barrier to creativity
- 08:04 Events at the castle to celebrate St George's Day
- 08:03 Women lead the way in Cumbria - county authority votes in all...
- 08:03 Recycling changes for South Lakeland
- 08:02 Celebrating in true Stratford style
- 08:02 Departing Poulson has no intention of returning to football management
- 08:02 Duncan Slater: So proud to be part of the RAF story
- 08:02 Kevin Ogilvie: So proud to be part of the RAF story
- 08:00 Grantham Journal column: I urged Prime Minister to attack Syria
- 08:00 Oxford’s efforts can’t save Shipston from defeat
- 07:58 Elena Ferrante: ‘God didn’t make a good impression on my teenage self’
- 07:58 Queen Elizabeth II: Did you know these 20 unusual facts about our...
- 07:58 Brews with benefits: the health-boosting perks of a good cuppa
- 07:56 Tom Richmond: Theresa May’s leadership on Syria leaves Jeremy...
- 07:53 Sunderland boss Chris Coleman reveals first details of his...
- 07:52 Perthshire Classic Car Show
- 07:52 Dundee band hope Courier readers can help them solve 1960s cine...
- 07:47 Queen Elizabeth II: Did you know these 20 unusual facts about our...
- 07:47 Brews with benefits: the health-boosting perks of a good cuppa