Man admits trying to kill woman in Grafton Street stabbing, west Hull
A man has admitted trying to kill a woman in a stabbing incident in west Hull.
Ion Tontu, 47, admitted attempted murder when he appeared at Hull Crown Court yesterday.
The brief hearing followed an incident on the night of July 20, which saw armed officers and police dogs deployed to Grafton Street after reports of a confrontation between a man and a woman. The victim is believed to be Tontu's wife.
A Humberside Police spokesman said at the time that a 47-year-old man, and a woman aged 39, both suffered knife wounds and were taken to hospital for treatment.
"It is believed the incident... read more
- 10:24 2017 property crash could see house prices plunge
- 10:23 Man City's Raheem Sterling gets a raw deal from referees and FA...
- 10:23 Burst main in Louth leaves homes with no water
- 10:22 Frosty start to a mainly dry but cold day
- 10:22 HERALD WAR REPORT
- 10:22 PC Paul Briggs: Injured officer dies after wife's legal battle to...
- 10:21 Israel's Netanyahu to speak with Trump on Sunday, Iran on agenda
- 10:21 One in 13 has Type 2 diabetes, new figures show
- 10:21 Alzheimer’s Society course will help those caring for dementia...
- 10:20 One in 13 has Type 2 diabetes, new figures show
- 10:20 Alzheimer’s Society course will help those caring for dementia...
- 10:20 MP Andrew Bridgen joins fight to save Burton A&E from potential...
- 10:19 What are our most important Brexit objectives?
- 10:19 Wife of man given ‘right to die’ says she is devastated but...
- 10:19 Manchester United linked with £86m Atletico Madrid winger...
- 10:18 Geri Horner names baby boy after close pal George Michael in...
- 10:18 George Michael's ex-lover claims sex drug Liquid G played part in...
- 10:16 Breakthrough treatment for rheumatics: Common arthritis drug has...
- 10:16 Missing Sutton teen Molly found safe and well
- 10:15 Heartbreak for Leeds mum as court hears her daughter is now 3,500...
- 10:16 Cumbria's success at national field trialling championships
- 10:15 I’m still an addict, admits disgraced bank boss and Bradford...
- 10:15 MPs ‘covered up Trident failure before Commons vote’
- 10:15 Frosty start to a mainly dry but cold day
- 10:15 Renault Zoe review - price, specs, design, tech and pictures
- 10:15 Accident closes one lane of A500
- 10:15 Take a look back at life in Carrington
- 10:15 Brexit could cost the fire service almost £90,000 a year
- 10:13 Alzheimer’s Society course will help those caring for dementia...
- 10:13 Big ‘C’ is tackled by ‘Da Vinci’ robot