Man, 64, in a coma after suffering a heart attack triggered by WEST NILE VIRUS in Indiana - as health officials in Pennsylvania also report outbreaks of the mosquito-borne disease
A 64-year-old grandfather in Muncie, Indiana, has been in a coma for 19 days after having a heart attack caused by West Nile earlier this month.
Danny Duncan, from Delaware County, went to the emergency room three weeks ago fearing a heart condition - but doctors diagnosed him with the mosquito-borne virus.
Three days later he suffered a cardiac arrest and is now in a coma, on life support, being fed through a tube.
His is one of two West Nile cases reported this week.
On Tuesday, health officials in Pittsburgh warned that an elderly woman was hospitalized with the disease in mid-August.... read more
- 18:02 Hero neighbour rushes into burning home to get people out of...
- 18:02 John Bercow aims to stay on as Speaker to oversee Brexit process
- 18:01 Serbia vs Switzerland LIVE: Team news and World Cup updates from...
- 18:01 Sergej Milinkovic-Savic: Why Man Utd, Real Madrid and Barcelona...
- 18:01 300 Easyjet and Ryanair flights cancelled this weekend - are you...
- 18:00 Plans to fix dangerous Sutton road
- 18:00 John Leslie cleared over Edinburgh nightclub hen night sex assault...
- 17:57 Police hunt man after damage to Barrow pub
- 17:57 Refugee reveals the terrifying moment he fled Darfur during civil war
- 17:57 North and South Korea agree to reunite families split by war
- 17:52 Durham University student cleared of rape and sexual assault
- 17:52 Phillip Wearne obituary
- 17:52 BMW joins Airbus in Brexit warning
- 17:51 Coventry City boss Mark Robins's reaction to the new League One...
- 17:50 Scale of repairs revealed at ceiling collapse school in Birmingham
- 17:50 House of Fraser closure could be a housing 'opportunity' for...
- 17:47 Judge rejects bid for gender-neutral passports
- 17:46 Pair deny Cockermouth Christmas Day assault allegations
- 17:44 Bus diversions after car overturns in Beeches Road, Great Barr
- 17:43 Popular Hull café Nibble to double in size in city's booming Fruit...
- 17:43 Best of British with the Range Rover Evoque
- 17:43 Police refuse to give up but after 114 orders made, is this...
- 17:43 National Kissing Day: There’s nothing wrong with kissing on the...
- 17:42 Police appeal after arson at Chesterfield gym
- 17:42 Noise complaints force Edinburgh music festival indoors
- 17:40 Romelu Lukaku working on helping Belgium to win rather than Golden...
- 17:40 Windrush service celebrates generation's contribution to Britain
- 17:38 Retford United to unveil renovated clubhouse at grand opening event...
- 17:38 Multiple 999 crews rush in and air ambulance spotted above village...
- 17:38 UK faces risk from slump in China, warns Bank of England