Man, 55, punched outside taxi rank in Cleethorpes
An appeal for witnesses has been issued by police after a 55-year-old man was punched outside a taxi rank in Cleethorpes.
The victim was assaulted whilst he stood in the doorway of the taxi office on Market Street on Sunday, October 2.
He was approached by two men he thought were aged in their 20s at about 8pm.
As they approached, one of the men said something inaudible to the victim, before his accomplice punched the 55-year-old to the face, injuring his eye.
A passing motorist stopped and challenged the two men who then left the scene.
READ MORE: Courageous mum Amy, 28, dies after long... read more
- 08:41 Coach boost for financial adviser
- 08:40 Emergency services launch investigation into a summer house blaze
- 08:39 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:39 Help over Freeview TV problems
- 08:39 Club hears talk on music history
- 08:39 Emergency services launch investigation into a summer house blaze
- 08:39 Health chiefs raise awareness of regular HIV testing
- 08:38 Dog rescued from South Yorkshire kitchen blaze
- 08:38 Alexandra Burke once again favourite for Strictly crown as she tops...
- 08:38 Firefighters battle two outdoor fires near Doncaster
- 08:37 Planning list for council to determine
- 08:36 Carl Frampton secures points victory over Horacio Garcia on...
- 08:36 Peter Kay tickets on sale from today - insider tips on beating the...
- 08:34 Emergency services launch investigation into a summer house blaze
- 08:33 Ilkeston arsonist must pay £1,000 compensation to victim
- 08:27 'The board have to make a decision' West Brom boss Tony Pulis - the...
- 08:25 No seasonal slowdown at Heatherslaw Cornmill
- 08:25 Northumberland farmer lands new role with the CLA
- 08:25 Beer festival helps hospice
- 08:25 Engineers reveal how they made Guy Martin's Mark IV replica tank
- 08:22 Manchester United target £136million double transfer of Antoine...
- 08:21 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Viewers call out Mollie King over...
- 08:21 Devious way a man recorded teenage girl in a shower
- 08:19 A robotic revolution? Newcastle City Council frees up staff days by...
- 08:19 Why does it take so long to turn into North Shields at new Billy...
- 08:19 Current affairs getting you down? Here are some reason to be cheerful
- 08:19 Where we are in the league of shame for stealing from supermarket...
- 08:18 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:17 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:16 ‘Baileys’ recipe video: Here’s how to make your own whiskey and...