Man, 40, found safe after mammoth rescue operation on Cumbrian fell
A grouse beater lost in thick mist near Warcop has been found unhurt after one of the biggest rescue operations seen in the area in recent years.
The disappearance of the 40-year-old man triggered a major rescue operation that involved an RAF helicopter, ten mountain rescue teams, ten search and rescue dogs and military personnel.
He was found yesterday afternoon after being missing for 22 hours.
The unnamed man went missing on Hellbeck Fell and when he was finally found he was unharmed but in a confused state near the hill's summit, on land that borders the Warcop firing range.
As well as... read more
- 13:35 Manchester United target Antoine Griezmann greeted by David de Gea
- 13:35 Gabriel Jesus potential return date as Man City player begins final...
- 13:34 Pregnant Amy Childs passionately defends herself after she’s...
- 13:34 The toddler who has baffled doctors: Two-year-old's 'hot and angry'...
- 13:34 Kim Jong-nam's body to be released to North Korea
- 13:34 Teacher denies PC after docking student mark for using non-gender...
- 13:34 CYCLONE DEBBIE: Deadly BULL SHARK found 12 miles inland in small...
- 13:32 Italian police arrest pro-Islamic State trio over suspected Venice...
- 13:32 Netanyahu set to approve first West Bank settlement for 20 years
- 13:32 Syrian rebels seize swathes of south as Islamic State retreats
- 13:32 ‘Super-fit’ gran develops life-threatening diabetes through love of...
- 13:32 Statins breakthrough: Cholesterol-lowering drugs 'could combat deep...
- 13:32 We need your nominations
- 13:32 Harry Potter festival plans 'blown out the water'
- 13:31 Coventry City twin backing brother Dion to help bring back the...
- 13:31 Neil Taylor facing extended ban after horror tackle on Seamus Coleman
- 13:31 Sing to the Swing
- 13:29 Win A Wedding: The Venue
- 13:29 Former Aston Villa midfielder Nobby Solano delighted after beating...
- 13:28 Stormzy is playing in Leicester next week – here's how you can get...
- 13:26 Chelsea attempted to sign Neymar by convincing him he could be...
- 13:26 Saving the Venezuelan Amazon: mega-nature reserve? Or mega-mining...
- 13:26 We need your nominations
- 13:26 Eden Hazard has major worry: This will affect Real Madrid move
- 13:25 SpaceX to launch first reused rocket, testing cost-cutting model
- 13:24 Woman arrested for being drunk and disorderly twice in two weeks
- 13:24 Nottingham Poetry Festival 2017 - all you need to know
- 13:23 A marathon challenge to raise cash for Hartlepool hospice
- 13:23 Music a mystery to apes left baffled by Bieber and Beethoven
- 13:22 Referee speaks out following attack