Mali Islamist jailed for shrine attacks
Islamist who destroyed ancient shrines in Timbuktu jailed by Hague court for nine years in first case of its kind
This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.
If you want to receive Breaking News alerts via email, or on a smartphone or tablet via the BBC News App then details on how to do so are available on this help page. You can also follow @BBCBreaking on Twitter to get the latest alerts.
- 13:29 Plans for Indian restaurant to be built on former site of popular...
- 13:29 South Yorkshire torture brothers granted lifelong anonymity
- 13:29 Manchester United new signings rated: Eric Bailly shining for Jose...
- 13:29 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp warns West Ham his side will be...
- 13:29 Bomb disposal team to carry out explosion in Walney
- 13:28 Tamworth Herald tracks down 'love lock' couple from Hockley
- 13:28 Arsenal star Alex Iwobi reveals Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez guidance
- 13:28 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte hails Diego Costa: He shows huge passion
- 13:26 Rainford schools honoured at education awards
- 13:26 Sex abuser vows to continue fight for justice after CPS decide not...
- 13:25 Developers rethink controversial access route for planned 100-home...
- 13:25 READER LETTER: Parking - New roads come at cost
- 13:24 Big in the USA: Which Premier League clubs attract the most viewers...
- 13:24 Jurgen Klopp has no idea when ‘not happy’ Daniel Sturridge will be...
- 13:24 Antonio Conte has Chelsea playing sensational football and this is why
- 13:24 Anthony Joshua: I will 100% fight David Haye after Eric Molina
- 13:24 U.S. defence chief reassures Afghans amid questions over Trump's...
- 13:24 U.S. Democrats plot uphill fight against some Trump nominations
- 13:23 Ban on junk food ads targeted at children
- 13:23 How Ayeeshia Smith's godmother received death threats after mum of...
- 13:23 WATCH: Song for Christmas - Shelf Junior and Infant School
- 13:22 Funding to boost number of underprivileged students in higher...
- 13:21 Edlington boy torturers granted anonymity
- 13:21 Corrie Mckeague: Mother 'lost faith' in police over missing son
- 13:19 Jurgen Klopp rejects criticism of Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius...
- 13:18 What’s on in Derbyshire this weekend?
- 13:18 Buxton Railway Station mural shows all the seasons
- 13:18 Ban on junk food ads targeted at children
- 13:18 You can donate to the elderly by using Uber tomorrow
- 13:18 Anti-social man banned from Kettering town centre shops for...