Malaysia says debris found in Mauritius is from missing Flight MH370
Malaysia said on Friday that a piece of plane debris discovered in Mauritius was from missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which disappeared in March 2014 with 239 passengers and crew on board.
The Boeing 777 disappeared on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, sparking a two-year search has turned up few leads.
Analysis by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau had found that the debris was consistent with the trailing edge of an aircraft wing, Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said in a statement.
Two pieces of plane debris were previously confirmed as being from the missing jet. The... read more
- 13:51 Fire in Kenilworth play area last night caused by cigarettes
- 13:51 Air ambulance called to motorcycle crash on A153
- 13:50 Restorative justice project launched in Northumberland
- 13:50 Give children in need a special Easter treat
- 13:50 Closure of care centre overnight to continue
- 13:50 End is near for sewer upgrade works
- 13:50 Care home man’s £3K rampage in Mansfield
- 13:50 Jail warning for Bassetlaw thug’s “disgusting” pub attack
- 13:49 US fourth-quarter growth rate revised up
- 13:49 Court to rule on online luxury resellers
- 13:49 How to find out if you've been unfriended on Facebook
- 13:49 Emergency services prepare for increase in arson attacks
- 13:49 Campaigners seek 'to sell US politicians' browsing data'
- 13:49 How Prince Harry, my mum and I put our Heads Together to talk about...
- 13:49 Berwick Workspace to host workshops for businesses
- 13:48 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks
- 13:48 Rampton patient lashed out at “bullying” nurse
- 13:48 Care home man’s £3K rampage in Mansfield
- 13:47 $esc.html($content.name)
- 13:47 These are the best and worst broadband, TV and phone firms
- 13:47 YOUR SAY: On proposed new public order for Pavilion Gardens
- 13:46 Vile assault on partially blind 80-year-old in Chester lands...
- 13:46 Bookies slash odds of an Easter heatwave in Derby
- 13:46 Stalker plagued woman via Facebook and with over 300 phone calls
- 13:46 Police re-appeal over aggravated burglaries in Gainsborough
- 13:46 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks
- 13:46 Malaysia releases body of Kim Jong Nam to North Korea
- 13:45 Get with the programme! Enterprising grant for Leeds-based agency
- 13:45 Music is key to Rachel’s studies fund
- 13:45 CCTV APPEAL: Assault at McDonalds in Blackpool