Majority of NHS groups 'providing inadequate cancer care', ratings show
Almost nine out of 10 NHS groups are failing cancer patients, with low rates of diagnosis and treatment, new ratings show.
Data from NHS England reveals that the vast majority of clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) across England are performing poorly when it comes to diagnosing patients quickly, ensuring they get prompt treatment and boosting one-year survival rates.
In some areas, just one in three patients get an early diagnosis - half the figure for the best performing area - while almost half of patients in one area do not get their first treatment for cancer in a timely manner.
In... read more
- 06:49 Teenager assaulted in Daventry park
- 06:49 'Pathalogical' hate of Carlisle man fuels threats from young mum
- 06:47 Heather Watson stuns 18th seed Sam Stosur to earn shock Australian...
- 06:47 Liverpool ready to chance it with Joel Matip: Kop star could play...
- 06:46 Smash causes traffic delays on A19 in Sunderland
- 06:46 Pictures as hundreds turn out to bid farewell to Amber Rose Cliff
- 06:46 Man arrested in connection with Sunderland petrol station robbery
- 06:46 Can you help Madison get a new wheelchair?
- 06:42 Former Blackhall chimney sweep’s latest bus pass challenge is...
- 06:42 $esc.html($content.name)
- 06:42 Hartlepool Rovers coach steps down following poor league run
- 06:40 Italian firm creating 100 jobs in North Staffs has now bought...
- 06:40 700 residents back campaign for Blurton crossing after OAP's death
- 06:37 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 06:37 New Year's Eve reveller ordered to pay £1,000 compensation after...
- 06:37 Protestors to gather in Birmingham against Trump's inauguration
- 06:37 The shameful surge in child cruelty in Birmingham
- 06:37 Revealed: People in West Midlands pay more income tax than the...
- 06:36 Twisted Scottish coach to be booted out Australia after tricking...
- 06:36 UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 17
- 06:36 South Korean prosecutor says to question Park by early February
- 06:34 Ilona Amos: Steps must be taken to slash toxic fumes and save lives
- 06:34 Rafael Nadal bags straight sets victory over Florian Mayer to move...
- 06:34 Kyle Edmund powers into the second round with 6-2, 7-5, 6-3 victory...
- 06:34 Jamie Carragher reveals why Tottenham can catch Chelsea in the...
- 06:34 Presentation for Northumberland man
- 06:34 Carroll, Mkhitaryan, Giroud, Payet? Jamie Carragher picks his goal...
- 06:34 Latest funding for our roads and potholes revealed
- 06:33 NI election: PM and Taoiseach urge politicians to be 'respectful'
- 06:33 Thierry Henry: This Liverpool star is Jurgen Klopp’s favourite player