Majority of NHS groups 'providing inadequate cancer care', ratings show
Data from NHS England reveals that the vast majority of clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) across England are performing poorly when it comes to diagnosing patients quickly, ensuring they get prompt treatment and boosting one-year survival rates.
In some areas, just one in three patients get an early diagnosis - half the figure for the best performing area - while almost half of patients in one area do not get their first treatment for cancer in a timely manner.
In other areas, thousands of cancer patients are dying too early due to poor care on the NHS.
CCGs control millions of pounds of... read more
- 14:36 Science quiz - test your knowledge
- 14:36 Copper piping stolen from barn in Tideswell
- 14:35 Copper piping stolen from barn in Tideswell
- 14:35 Brave Sylvia Hatzer recovers from dementia - after changing her diet
- 14:34 Caught on camera... can you help the police
- 14:34 Perranporth's 'Mr Swan' likely to remain a widower
- 14:34 Police called in after man's body found at Doncaster hospital
- 14:34 Sheffield University urged to be radical to boost women in engineering
- 14:33 Deciding if Salah deserves PFA award ahead of De Bruyne is nigh...
- 14:32 Obam Stairlifts welcomes new team members
- 14:32 Caught on camera... can you help the police
- 14:32 No frills over 40? Why you should ignore age-based fashion rules
- 14:31 Science quiz – test your knowledge
- 14:31 BREAKING: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to baby boy
- 14:30 How Burton Albion learned lessons from their own late setbacks to...
- 14:28 Wigan man breached his community order
- 14:28 Slow internet speeds affect most of Wigan council premises
- 14:28 BREAKING: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to baby boy
- 14:28 Victim treated for burns at scene of car fire
- 14:28 Police probe suspected arson attack
- 14:27 Police looking for wanted man with Rugby links
- 14:27 Police called in after man's body found at Doncaster hospital
- 14:26 Final year students offered free advice on preparing for work from...
- 14:26 Plans revealed for Queen Victoria statue in Victoria Square
- 14:26 Growth will be key to housing numbers in Northumberland
- 14:25 SLIDESHOW: Stoke City v Burnley fans' gallery
- 14:25 10 of the best burger joints in Yorkshire
- 14:25 Long-running Beverley Folk Festival cancelled
- 14:25 Police probe suspected arson attack
- 14:24 BREAKING: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to baby boy