Majority of NHS groups 'providing inadequate cancer care', ratings show
Almost nine out of 10 NHS groups are failing cancer patients, with low rates of diagnosis and treatment, new ratings show.
Data from NHS England reveals that the vast majority of clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) across England are performing poorly when it comes to diagnosing patients quickly, ensuring they get prompt treatment and boosting one-year survival rates.
In some areas, just one in three patients get an early diagnosis - half the figure for the best performing area - while almost half of patients in one area do not get their first treatment for cancer in a timely manner.
In... read more
- 08:02 Even North Korea’s combat sunglasses are fake, says military expert
- 08:02 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 08:02 Masked armed thug struck elderly man
- 08:02 Lloyds defies ‘challenging’ market to double profit
- 08:01 Masked armed thug struck elderly man
- 08:01 Students get dream chance to play at iconic former home of The Beatles
- 08:00 Michael Bisping believes Georges St-Pierre fight will happen in...
- 08:00 Plus-size clothing company N Brown says markets to remain tough
- 07:59 Fairplay’s vital help for children with disabilities
- 07:59 Manchester United hotel searched by sniffer dogs before derby clash...
- 07:59 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 07:59 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: Ten awesome things to do in Derbyshire...
- 07:59 Bradley Lowery in hospital with doctors fearing the disease is...
- 07:59 Pervert jailed after sexual assaults
- 07:58 Pervert jailed after sexual assaults
- 07:57 Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off: Bad news as Ewan McGregor 'joins...
- 07:57 Dog loves busker so much he refuses to move until song is over
- 07:57 Watch Rangers fan Grado teach Arsenal supporters how to do the...
- 07:56 You could now be told to leave more than 30 South Yorkshire pubs -...
- 07:54 Business sponsor sought for Community Champion Awards
- 07:54 Man admits assaulting police constable
- 07:54 Stefan Nielsen wants to prove a point with Scunthorpe Scorpions
- 07:54 Scunthorpe determined to keep winning run going
- 07:54 Coroner warns northern Lincolnshire asbestos deaths will peak in...
- 07:54 Arriva Rail North workers to strike but what Calderdale routes will...
- 07:54 Man, 48, facing 21 child sex charges kills himself
- 07:54 Website aims to reveal shale gas site monitoring
- 07:54 Masked armed thug struck elderly man
- 07:54 Pervert jailed after sexual assaults
- 07:54 Bradley Lowery in hospital with doctors fearing the disease is...