Major study examines antibiotics use in sheep sector
The rise in human resistance to antibiotics has prompted a major study to establish when and why sheep farmers use the drugs, in a bid to reduce dependency in agriculture.
Public health authorities worldwide have recognised an urgent need to reduce the use of antibiotics for both humans and animals to protect against illness-causing bacteria evolving and reducing the drugs’ effectiveness.
Resistance to antibiotics - or antimicrobial resistance, as it is known - is predicted to get worse. A report to the Government led by economist Jim O’Neill published earlier this year suggested that... read more
- 13:09 EasyJet shares plunge as weaker pound and rising fuel prices weigh...
- 13:09 YP Letters: Stop sneering, give President Trump a fair chance
- 13:06 15 well-paid, interesting and rewarding jobs in the West Midlands...
- 13:06 Birmingham City transfers: Watford join hunt for Swedish...
- 13:06 Heroin and cocaine seized in undercover police operation in South...
- 13:06 WWE superstar Brock Lesnar tipped to make shock return to UFC
- 13:06 Crystal Palace to complete signing of Premier League star this week
- 13:06 Morecambe Carnival bids for Red Arrows
- 13:05 Berwick team of ’67 are honoured at club’s 50th anniversary dinner
- 13:05 Harrow and Embleton top NN League tables
- 13:04 What have Barbie's boyfriend, One Direction and Strictly Come...
- 13:04 Letters - January 19, 2017
- 13:04 WATCH: Council apologises after road sweeper video goes viral
- 13:04 Teenager tells jury she had nightmares after allegedly being raped...
- 13:04 England scrum-half Ben Youngs backing Six Nations glory to support...
- 13:03 'Another poor signing!' How Birmingham City fans reacted to Diego...
- 13:03 Kings of Leon release EXTRA tickets for Birmingham concert - and...
- 13:03 These are the Birmingham branches HSBC plans to close
- 13:02 Is showering every day BAD for you? Cleaning with soap too often...
- 13:02 Update your iPhone software NOW: iOS 10.2.1 fixes 'devastating'...
- 13:02 Gruesome Roman skeleton is found with his tongue RIPPED out and...
- 13:02 Taylor hits late winner for Town
- 13:02 Beattie claims a creditable third place in his European outing
- 13:01 £2,000 bill after dead rats found in Halesowen pub cellar
- 13:01 Inquest opens on Ellie Underhill after Tesco car fall death
- 13:01 EasyJet shares tumble after £35m knock to finances
- 13:01 Dudley man in court over Winson Green prison riot
- 13:01 Search for suggestions to help save iconic Wolves church
- 13:01 Popular pub eyed up as new stop for Wolverhampton cabbies
- 13:00 HSBC to close 62 more branches this year