Major igh street banks failing customers with online security
Major high street banks have failed to adopt two-factor security steps that could safeguard customers from scams, an investigation has revealed – with Bank of Scotland one of the worst offenders.
A test of 11 high streets banks found that only five have adopted the more rigorous security checks to protect their customers, while the other six did not.
The consumer watchdog warned that hackers who are able to penetrate the first level of security at login can access sensitive financial details, which they can use to convince consumers they are talking to their bank – a tactic often used by... read more
- 17:39 Viagra can now be bought prescription-free for as little as £5 a...
- 17:38 Hazel Blears pledges support for Cumbria at BECBC AGM
- 17:38 Harrogate family's 'Herculean' effort for five-year-old born with...
- 17:38 Blooming marvellous plant fair set for Holker Hall
- 17:38 Yet more roadworks planned for the centre of Carlisle
- 17:37 Harrogate family's 'Herculean' effort for five-year-old born with...
- 17:37 Liverpool to be without four first-team players when they travel to...
- 17:34 Labour leader in blast over council policy
- 17:34 Town man on accused of drugs charge
- 17:33 Gunman shot at ex-girlfriend’s car during school run - Leeds Crown...
- 17:33 Stratford Literary Festival inspires with author school visits
- 17:30 Alfie Evan’s parents lose latest round of legal battle to keep...
- 17:29 £66.5 million police drug bust: eighth man jailed
- 17:29 Hazel Blears pledges support for Cumbria at BECBC AGM
- 17:28 Grantham Hospital: Consultants voice concerns to bosses over future...
- 17:28 Theresa May's advisor Nick Timothy deletes his Twitter account...
- 17:26 Post office experience at Nene Valley
- 17:24 Dom and Denise filming by Chester's Eastgate Clock for BBC 1 series
- 17:23 What are the likely line-ups? Who are the key men? Preston v...
- 17:23 Morecambe announce season ticket price freeze
- 17:20 Carlos Carvalhal describes Pep Guardiola as a 'god of football' but...
- 17:20 Ruby Walsh fails in bid to be fit for the Punchestown Festival...
- 17:19 Fundraiser at Stanhope Hall for parent and toddler group
- 17:18 How wearing sunglasses behind the wheel could see you fined £2,500
- 17:17 Tory candidate banned for links with EDL and white supremacists
- 17:17 Conservative former councillor urges people to vote Labour
- 17:17 Joe Corré on his £5m punk ashes – and Malcolm McLaren's death mask
- 17:16 Anthony Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn insists they want Deontay...
- 17:16 Hammond: Brexit transition deal has averted City job losses
- 17:14 Britons head to seaside as heatwave expected to last into weekend