Major crime scene transforms peaceful village after tragic death of 80-year-old
A road in the normally peaceful village of Waltham was transformed into a major crime scene after a 999 alert.
Neighbours were shocked when the Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire air ambulance, assumed to be flying towards nearby Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital, landed right outside their homes in a field opposite a bungalow on Grimsby Road, Waltham.
Teams of paramedics had already arrived - some in an ambulance and more in two ambulance response cars - shortly after the alarm was raised at around 10am yesterday.
Tragically, Humberside Police confirmed afterwards that 80-year-old James Fish... read more
- 08:35 Children risking their lives with new 'Purple Drank' drink craze...
- 08:33 'People have gone chicken crazy': what the KFC crisis means for the...
- 08:32 Royal Navy shadows Russian spy warships through the English Channel...
- 08:30 Parish councillor resigns to campaign for NHS
- 08:26 Stormzy-backed petition on Grenfell Tower set to be debated...
- 08:26 MPs back ‘Max’s Bill’ for organ donation opt-out system
- 08:26 MOT check - How to check when your car needs service and avoid...
- 08:24 Electrician who left taxi driver with fractures to his face in...
- 08:24 Why a man and his van are taking on North Tyneside Council over new...
- 08:24 Winter Olympics 2018: Watch what it's like to fly down a bobsleigh...
- 08:24 Bargains galore: These secret TK Maxx insider tips will help you...
- 08:24 Creative arts day for Wooler students
- 08:21 Selfless Barrow schoolgirl donates more than 30 meals to foodbank...
- 08:20 Work on Carlisle's railway station roof nears completion
- 08:19 Brexit will take its toll on bulk whisky buys
- 08:19 Chef’s Table: Martin Hollis of The Old Course St Andrews
- 08:20 Officers target Sheffield estates in problem parking drive
- 08:19 Ballathie House Hotel (42/50)
- 08:19 Food blog: Kat Riach
- 08:19 Sideboard with a story to tell
- 08:19 It’s never too late to learn some new cycling skills
- 08:19 From Halifax to the world - Shak became a wrestling star
- 08:18 Travel talk about long distance trek in the Alps
- 08:18 Pokemon Go Community Day SECRET revealed as fans prepare for...
- 08:17 Volunteers unravel a big issue for beaches
- 08:16 Shoppers in Leamington and Warwick encouraged to support ‘Fairtrade...
- 08:16 Head teacher appointed as national leader
- 08:16 Fence is just the ticket for museum
- 08:16 New additions to business forum group
- 08:16 P&G staff lend a hand at foodbank