Main Cumbrian road closed due to "serious" accident
A main north Cumbrian road is closed tonight following a "serious" accident.
Police are currently at the scene of the incident in English Street (A7) in Longtown.
Motorists are being warned that traffic is moving slowly in the areas.
Officers say the accident happened somewhere between the A6071 Albert Street and M6 J44/A689 (Carlisle North).
No details on injuries or what vehicles are involved have been released yet.
It's believed the incident was reported about 6.30pm.
- 13:44 Jesse Lingard backs Anthony Martial to 'help' Manchester United
- 13:44 Firecrews cut driver free after two car crash on the A1 near Birtley
- 13:43 College ready to help teachers of the future
- 13:42 Gary Gardner is a wanted man: Fans of Aston Villa's rivals keen on...
- 13:42 Ex-council worker embroiled in political scandal
- 13:41 English regions face 'likely' chance of winter floods this decade,...
- 13:41 Giving blood to save precious lives
- 13:40 Worcestershire batsman Ross Whiteley creates history by hitting six...
- 13:39 Peaks reached to raise funding
- 13:39 Jessie J teases COMEBACK as she sings brand new song I Believe In...
- 13:38 Get a job in Santa's Lapland workshop this Christmas (no really,...
- 13:38 Quake man thought he was doner for
- 13:38 The new £10 Jane Austen note holds a hidden feature
- 13:38 Music industry mental health campaign is launched after Chester...
- 13:36 Shots fired in 'attack'
- 13:36 Trams out of service
- 13:36 15 lose jobs as law firm is split and sold
- 13:36 Mystery identity of road crash victim
- 13:36 Man to stand trial after denying nine rape charges
- 13:36 Family left with massive vet bill after their cat was shot by a...
- 13:35 William and Harry reveal Princess Diana loved dressing them up in...
- 13:34 America spent millions of dollars creating a UFO-style alternative...
- 13:33 M62 held up after incidents
- 13:33 Councillor vents anger at pub charity box thief
- 13:32 Teenager arrested after livestreaming moment her sister is killed...
- 13:31 Girl, 5, slapped with council fine over lemonade stand receives...
- 13:31 Mum-and-baby Solihull carjacking: Crime gang crashed into her Audi...
- 13:29 Council to consider bid to extend licensing hours at North...
- 13:28 Thoresby Primary pupil Vanessa achieves 100 per cent attendance and...
- 13:27 French philosopher Dufourmantelle drowns rescuing children