Mail Group plans to axe 400 staff
THE owner of the Daily Mail newspaper is axing hundreds of jobs and closing offices to stem losses caused by plummeting advertising sales, the company revealed yesterday.
Daily Mail and General Trust (DMGT) said 400 job cuts were being made across the business as part of an overhaul plan under new chief executive Paul Zwillenberg.
The group is also considering closing some offices in London and New York to protect its profits. Many editorial and commercial redundancies have already been made within the 10,000-strong workforce.
Mr Zwillenberg is expected to detail the redundancy and... read more
- 10:30 Ola Jordan flaunts her washboard abs and sizzling curves in a...
- 10:30 Liam Payne's Facebook is hacked with pornographic images... just...
- 10:30 Chloe Moretz shows off her edgy sense of style as she suits up in a...
- 10:30 'You can babysit for Cheryl': Brian Friedman awkwardly answers...
- 10:30 Train smashes into car on level crossing at 100mph – moments after...
- 10:30 Scientists say nuts to heart disease
- 10:30 Update 4.40pm: Man dies in road accident at Sibsey, near Boston
- 10:29 Video: Full route for 2017 Tour de Yorkshire cycle race
- 10:28 City Hospital bosses should be ashamed over Archway of Tears...
- 10:28 QUIZ: Sweeter side of 'have cake and eat it'
- 10:28 Scientists say nuts to heart disease
- 10:28 QUIZ: Mark World Ninja Day by checking which keyboard warrior you are
- 10:28 New future for Birmingham's Axis building unveiled
- 10:27 Afghan migrant arrested after rape and murder of EU official’s...
- 10:26 Crash blocks off A151 in Lincolnshire town
- 10:25 Japan PM to visit Hawaii to remember Pearl Harbor victims with Obama
- 10:24 The best seats in the sky: Top 10 airline cabins for first,...
- 10:23 Greece can be competitive once makes reforms - Schaeuble
- 10:22 Bad Aibling train crash: German controller jailed
- 10:22 Bin set alight on Doncaster playground
- 10:22 Lorry catches alight on M1
- 10:22 Couple appeal for help to identify their dog's mystery illness
- 10:20 47-year-old man charged with maritime offence as man remains...
- 10:20 New study reveals lack of awareness from parents at spotting...
- 10:20 Horton’s Endoscopy unit opens after £2.7 million revamp
- 10:19 Swadlincote salon appeals for help raising money for community...
- 10:19 Find out the locations of speed cameras across Derbyshire this week
- 10:19 New study reveals lack of awareness from parents at spotting...
- 10:19 FEATURE: Case studies of exotic pets rescued by Ark Wildlife Park
- 10:18 Bank announces shock closure of 14 branches