MAGGIE PAGANO: As City's top fund managers join the fight... It's time to smash the glass ceiling
One of the UK's first females to chair a FTSE 100 company once told me there will only be equality of women in business when there are as many mediocre women at the top as there are men.
That was many years ago, when her appointment was considered so rare that it made front-page news, and when women made up only a handful of either executive or non-executive directors.
Since then there has been a big leap in the number of women at board level.
This was partly due to the work of the Coalition government's Lord Davies report, which told the bosses of listed companies that if they didn't... read more
- 11:50 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:49 How to get rid of BAD BREATH: These foods could cause bad oral hygiene
- 11:49 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:48 Recruitment roadshow for aspiring teachers set to come to Coventry...
- 11:47 Leeds pensioners die after crash in the Dales
- 11:47 Road hogs are clogging up motorway’s middle lane
- 11:47 Labour leader says Party refused Kezia Dugdale permission to go on...
- 11:47 North Sea oil industry could be boosted by change in Budget
- 11:46 Fuel prices are slashed at Morrisons
- 11:46 Name released of man, 52, killed in crash as coroner prepares to...
- 11:46 Berwick victory sees them climb to third
- 11:46 Everton FC striker Oumar Niasse on the penalty decision that...
- 11:45 RUMOUR MILL: Manchester United line up £40m move for Danny Rose,...
- 11:44 Man kicks off after chippy staff pour gravy on his chips in Manchester
- 11:44 Alcester firm is region’s top exporter
- 11:44 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:44 Popular Doncaster pub closes down for refurbishment amid Facebook...
- 11:43 Charles Bronson's new wife defends controversial wedding as she...
- 11:43 Man in serious condition after Scarborough assault
- 11:43 Carlisle's city centre Argos to close
- 11:43 Weather warning of rain issued for Cumbria
- 11:43 Buchanan insists Cobblers confidence remains high despite...
- 11:42 Hepatitis A vaccinations at nursery after child contracts illness
- 11:42 Why Black Friday ‘deals’ aren't always what they seem
- 11:42 ‘Step in, pause, and fix Universal Credit’, Batley and Spen MP...
- 11:42 Delays on M53 near Chester after skip wagon sheds load
- 11:42 Update: Man charged with Knightcote murder
- 11:41 What is the law on smacking children in Derby as Wales moves...
- 11:41 Liverpool's 'cheeriest' homeless person has put his Christmas...
- 11:41 240,000 flock to Durham’s Lumiere spectacular