‘Mad fool’ navigates Thames challenge for charity
STUART Kettell is going to try and travel 130 miles from Oxford to London on the River Thames using an Aquaskipper.
Stuart, aged 52, from Hatton Park, is raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support as he has done for the past 12 years which has seen him raise £50,000 for the charity.
The Aquaskipper does not float and is only propelled through the water and held above the surface by constant skipping on the foot rests which create lift on the hydrofoils which is similar to the lift created on an aeroplane wing. As soon as Stuart gets tired it sinks and he gets very cold and wet.
No one in... read more
- 08:06 All sold out at Warwick's newest business park
- 08:06 Village waste operator prosecuted for planning offences
- 08:06 BT auditing under investigation
- 08:06 This is the country where most Brits are being arrested
- 08:05 Ashraf’s efforts prove in vain for Cleckheaton
- 08:05 Model Sonny Turner sums up the struggle of shopping for a bikini as...
- 08:04 Which Premier League stadium sees the highest yearly rainfall?
- 08:04 Trespass warning as police name boy who died at DIRFT
- 08:04 British and Irish Lions captain Sam Warburton calls for a response...
- 08:03 Value of George Formby ukulele shows the importance of musical history
- 08:01 South Yorkshire Police 'thrown under the bus' over tree-felling...
- 08:00 Melton schools receive special anti-bullying awards
- 08:00 Reduction in opening times at Northumberland police stations
- 07:59 John Wood Group sees weak first half on fewer projects
- 07:58 Rare tree voted second best in England to be felled
- 07:58 Final day at Duns Primary after almost 130 years of education
- 07:56 Arsenal to try improved Thomas Lemar transfer bid as Arsene Wenger...
- 07:55 Barrow man charged with terrorism offence
- 07:55 British tourist fighting for life after plunging from hotel balcony...
- 07:55 Ayr boy Sean Strickland gets call to Rangers School of Football
- 07:55 British and Irish Lions train in Wellington ahead of win-or-bust...
- 07:52 Covestro vows to cash out to shareholders if no takeover on cards
- 07:52 UK regulator to investigate PWC's audits of BT after Italian scandal
- 07:51 Gateway to Gleneagles
- 07:51 Art owned by Kirklees Council has increased in value by £12m
- 07:50 Wardlaw and Khan steer Moor to Hampshire Cup quarter-finals
- 07:48 SIMON LAMBERT: Do you care what your fund charges? There's a big...
- 07:48 Ulster Bank launches the best easy-access rate in almost a year at...
- 07:48 Barcelona to keep Andres Iniesta after struggles to find a replacement
- 07:48 Royal Mint looks to cash in on coin collecting boom as it buys...