M1 death crash lorry driver "regrets every minute of it"
A lorry driver who collided with the back of a slow-moving van on the M1, killing the driver, had "judged it wrong" and thought the van "would be driving faster", a jury heard.
Speaking to police after the death of Darren Bryan in the collision, Scania lorry driver Paul Bury said he had not expected to catch up with Mr Bryan's van in front of him in lane one of the motorway near Nuthall. He denies causing Mr Bryan's death by dangerous driving.
Jurors at Bury's trial at Nottingham Crown Court have heard the prosecution claim that Bury was not watching where he was going... read more
- 09:51 The secret to… not being a sweary parent
- 09:51 Nappies, takeaways and bubble wrap: could I remove plastic from my...
- 09:50 Barrow bell tower benefits from £3000 grant for restoration work
- 09:49 Determined Claverdon get back on track
- 09:49 End of an era at Bert McCormick's Ballyclare music shop
- 09:47 UK’s Brexit plans are based on pure illusion, warns Donald Tusk
- 09:47 Dua Lipa reveals her music is inspired by ‘terrible’ ex boyfriends
- 09:47 Wanted man caught in Preston after 'rooftop stand-off'
- 09:46 ‘Even if I can’t feed myself, I at least get up and feed them’: How...
- 09:46 Shoppers in Leamington and Warwick encouraged to support ‘Fairtrade...
- 09:46 USA topple Sweden to cap fairytale run with first ever Olympic...
- 09:45 Keeper urges Boro not to underestimate Sunderland as Teessiders eye...
- 09:45 Manchester United cannot play well with Alexis Sanchez in their...
- 09:45 Pair charged over young brothers' road deaths in Coventry
- 09:44 Two charged over Coventry hit-and-run crash which killed brothers...
- 09:42 BBC presenter’s book focuses on Easton Walled Gardens
- 09:41 Taxi driver caught using Costa Coffee cup lid as fuel cap
- 09:40 Man Utd v Chelsea: Former Premier League star makes big prediction...
- 09:38 Manchester City’s Oleksandr Zinchenko: ‘I trained on the streets of...
- 09:38 Children’s charity admits six cases of sexual abuse and...
- 09:37 Wigan man had vile child abuse images on his computer
- 09:36 Dave Seddon’s PNE pressview: The rise of Alan Browne
- 09:36 Winter Olympics 2018: Billy Morgan makes ‘HORRIBLE’ claim after...
- 09:36 Winter Olympics: Ester Ledecka wins two gold medals in DIFFERENT...
- 09:34 Report shows UK has an ‘unhealthy’ relationship with alcohol
- 09:33 Sinkhole of 'unknown depth' opens ups on Dallamires Lane, Ripon
- 09:32 South Tyneside garden waste collections start next month
- 09:32 Trust received funding boost from council
- 09:32 Get ready to be entertained as Customs House announces new shows
- 09:32 Sponsored walk to raise cash for Charlie Cookson Fund