Lydiate man accused of attacking woman and threatening to kill her
A man accused of attacking a woman and threatening to kill her is to stand trial later this year.
Paul Randles is alleged to have assaulted Inrina Shomron and to have left her fearing for her safety.
The 38-year-old, of Oakhill Drive, Lydiate, appeared at Liverpool Crown Court this morning, via video link from HMP Liverpool.
Randles admitted assaulting a woman called Claire Jones, causing her actual bodily harm, on June 19.
However, he denied damaging a phone belonging to her on the same date this year and added: “Not guilty, because it’s my own house phone.”
Randles then pleaded not guilty... read more
- 11:04 Arsene Wenger reveals Santi Cazorla may receive new Arsenal deal...
- 11:04 March retail sales fell 1.2% due to beastly weather
- 11:04 Theresa May will struggle to overturn Brexit defeat on custom union...
- 11:02 New patrol service introduced by Fylde Council for great outdoors
- 11:02 Wigan neighbours scoop £60,000 on postcode lottery
- 11:02 Doncaster communities gear up for Yorkshire cycle fest
- 11:01 New build homes can save Doncaster homeowners £629 per year on...
- 11:01 NHS Tayside crisis: leadership set-up is ‘high risk’
- 11:00 Leader pays tribute after death of Lichfield councillor
- 11:00 Loyal Paul rewarded for two decades of service
- 11:00 SPECIAL REPORT: Cash-strapped Northamptonshire County Council paid...
- 11:00 Have your say on the future of Northamptonshire's children's centre...
- 10:59 Temperatures could reach 28C in parts of UK
- 10:58 Countdown on for big St George’s Day bash in Lytham
- 10:58 A Word In Your Ear - April 19, 2018
- 10:58 Rugby league finally has a national women’s competition to celebrate
- 10:58 The Thing Is with Steve Canavan
- 10:58 How to succeed at work, according to Elon Musk: Billionaire reveals...
- 10:58 Terrifying moment gangster blasts a sawn-off shotgun at a house in...
- 10:58 Liverpool expected XI: Jurgen Klopp to make changes to his 4-3-3 to...
- 10:57 Gwyneth Paltrow swaps engagement ring for band engraved with Brad...
- 10:56 Police appeal after two burglaries in Horncastle area
- 10:56 Coventry City find site for new training ground - but it's still a...
- 10:56 Anger over rail delays lead to calls for clarity as bosses slam...
- 10:56 Grantham car racing club seeks fresh farmland race track
- 10:56 Four SKDC bosses earn more than £100,000
- 10:55 Buchanan calls for repeat of title-winning spirit, and says ‘this...
- 10:55 Ikea's TaskRabbit app back online after data breach
- 10:55 TalkTalk and Vodafone top complaints chart again
- 10:55 Tradesman appeals for £5k of power tools stolen from locked van in...