Luxury hotel plans lodged for Preston’s former post office building
Plans to stamp a new identity onto Preston’s former post office have been officially lodged with Town Hall chiefs.
Bosses at Signature Living - the company behind Liverpool’s historic 30 James Street and the football-themed Shankly Hotel - want to transform the iconic listed building into luxury boutique accommodation.
The ambitious proposals include 60 rooms, a restaurant and bar, a spa and pool and a function suite for weddings and celebrations.
Signature Living founder Lawrence Kenwright said: “Preston is a great location for us and we can’t wait until our new hotel opens.
“In keeping... read more
- 13:25 6 independent cafes in Leicester city centre that you must try
- 13:25 Lord Bach launches four year police and crime plan for Leicestershire
- 13:25 Northwich play area improvement scheme gets funding boost
- 13:25 What's the hold-up for house sales in Huddersfield?
- 13:25 Arsene Wenger gives update on new Arsenal contract and reveals...
- 13:24 Pokemon Go ENDLESS EVENTS and TRADING: Why Niantic's shiny update...
- 13:24 Sukie’s party shop boss to retire as business relocates to retail...
- 13:23 Red Nose Day fun in Lancashire
- 13:23 The unusual reason why Emma Willis decided to have a third child
- 13:23 Wolves boss Paul Lambert on the future of Helder Costa
- 13:23 These laws are set to come into effect this April - all you need to...
- 13:22 Cat stays warm in a jumper and onesie after almost drowning in a flood
- 13:22 Drone footage beautifully captures Blade leaving Hull city centre
- 13:22 14 films to look forward to in 2017
- 13:21 Springtime sunshine bathes Cumbria - share your scenes
- 13:20 Bringing ‘the big room’ into use
- 13:19 Scousers wanted - get paid just to speak in a Liverpool accent
- 13:19 Pooper snoopers to professional beggars: council's creative...
- 13:19 Trio jailed for more than 40 years after string of armed robberies...
- 13:18 We were right! Caravanners thrown off Northumberland site finally...
- 13:18 Vera at the Farne Islands: What did the real rangers think of last...
- 13:18 How Tyneside was shocked by a deadly rail crash 110 years ago
- 13:18 It may be running out of steam, but could this historic railway...
- 13:18 So the clocks go forward this weekend - but could it be robbing you...
- 13:17 Police pledge to look into Queen Street ‘breach’
- 13:17 Hartlepool in top 10 nationwide for food hygiene standards
- 13:16 Comic Relief slammed for pre-watershed swearing and technical problems
- 13:16 Blind puppy Bea saved after being rejected by breeder
- 13:16 TV presenter Charlie Webster 'aware of a lot' during coma
- 13:16 Ukip's only MP Douglas Carswell quitting party to become independent