Lowest ever number of workless households – Government
The number of workless households has hit a record low in the North West, the Government said today.
The latest set of figures show that the number of households across the region in which no-one has a job has dropped to 391,000 – down by 46,000 in the past year and by 100,000 since 2010.
Employment Minister Damian Hinds said: “We’re absolutely committed to delivering a country that works for everybody, and the fact that the number of workless households in the North West has continued to fall shows that we’re making real progress.
“Welfare reforms like the Benefit Cap and Universal Credit... read more
- 21:07 WEEKEND WEB: We should be reducing our reliance on imports
- 21:03 Motorway closed in both directions due to "police incident"
- 20:56 Best of British: Sir Mo Farah left gasping by brutal pace but he...
- 20:55 Katie Price fires back after failing to finish London Marathon
- 20:55 'We would be better off in EU' say more than half of people in survey
- 20:52 The Big Brexit Survey: Does Coventry still want to leave the EU?
- 20:51 Motorway closed in both directions due to "police incident"
- 20:50 Mum finds out stillborn baby could have been saved three times
- 20:49 This is how many people in Doncaster think UK will be better off...
- 20:48 Meet the man who's survived a snake, bear and shark attack
- 20:45 Katie Price slams suggestions she didn’t train for London Marathon...
- 20:43 Council of Europe members suspected of corruption, inquiry reveals
- 20:42 Lara Dickenmann’s strike for Wolfsburg leaves Chelsea with mountain...
- 20:42 Catalans Dragons do enough to get past spirited York City Knights
- 20:34 Gary Ballance sends Yorkshire to verge of win against Nottinghamshire
- 20:34 Derbyshire poised for victory over Middlesex
- 20:30 Richard Leonard calls for more action by Labour on federalism
- 20:29 The REAL reason why Jose Mourinho didn't celebrate Man Utd's...
- 20:29 Arsenal hero Alan Smith reveals the ‘perfect’ replacement for...
- 20:26 MATT ROBERTS: After a big heart op I want to get fit, not put my...
- 20:22 Manchester City set Premier League landmark after becoming first...
- 20:14 Elton John looks happy as Larry as he poses with husband David Furnish
- 20:13 Florida detectives used dead man's finger in attempt to unlock phone
- 20:13 'I feel disgusted': how Windrush scandal shattered two brothers' lives
- 20:12 Helping students with Asperger's prepare for university life
- 20:11 Government aware for years that 'hostile environment' hurt Windrush...
- 20:10 Former Birmingham City hero on the Garry Monk effect, a turbulent...
- 20:09 Major Brexit survey finds majority of Chad readers back Single Market
- 20:08 Cumbria football club has ground raided and cash taken
- 20:04 Southampton boss Mark Hughes blasts referee over VAR as Chelsea...