Louise Minchin the target of email which said her 'neck looks nice for slitting'
BBC Louise Minchin and her BBC Breakfast co-host Dan Walker were the target of malicious emails threatening to carry out knife and axe attacks.
Kristofer Jean Pierre Groot sent five 'expressive and violent' messages and said the Chester-based presenter’s ‘neck looks nice for slitting’.
The emails were sent to eDigitalResearch, a company which runs surveys for the BBC.
Groot threatened to ‘smash (Walker) in the face with an axe and kill his family’ before making the terrifying pledge to ‘play the long game’ in enacting his revenge.
The 35-year-old sent the messages after a segment about... read more
- 00:23 Jo Konta's US Open hopes could be derailed by Wimbledon exertions,...
- 00:22 Celebrity Big Brother: Sarah Harding’s boyfriend ‘plans to confront...
- 00:19 Manchester United's title chances, why ending the transfer window...
- 00:19 Premiership Rugby under pressure to give Lions more time to prepare...
- 00:18 Climate change could make flights longer and bumpier
- 00:18 How Sicilian oranges are being made into clothes
- 00:18 Wayne Rooney's England career never provided an iconic moment for...
- 00:18 Piglets rescued from fire become firefighters' BBQ
- 00:13 Disturbing rise in sprawling US-style ‘megafarms’ operating in Britain
- 00:13 What to do if you don’t get the GCSE grades you were expecting
- 00:13 What is the acceptable amount to give your children for passing...
- 00:13 Do universities actually look at your GCSE results?
- 00:13 What does it feel like to fail your GCSEs? Let me tell you
- 00:13 What to do if you need to retake your GCSE exams
- 00:11 Virgil Van Dijk met Chelsea without permission before telling...
- 00:11 Arsenal will only intensify Julian Draxler interest if Alexis...
- 00:10 Firefighters battle huge 'suspicious' blaze at Poundland in east...
- 00:10 South Africa: Miners’ union hits out after thugs firebomb homes
- 00:10 UK car production revs up in July
- 00:10 China and Russia denounce US over unilateral sanctions
- 00:10 Food industry warns of Brexit workforce shortage
- 00:10 Rubber bullets fired at Trump rally protesters
- 00:10 Northern transport summit ‘is a fraud’
- 00:10 Argos landed in court over ‘illegal scabbing’
- 00:06 WBC announce creation of ‘Money’ belt for Floyd Mayweather vs...
- 00:06 Ex-England captain Paul Collingwood offered £75k to play for Andy...
- 00:05 High blood pressure: Lowering your reading to THIS could protect...
- 00:05 IBS warning: Bloating and stomach pain could actually be too much...
- 00:05 Dementia risk: Three drinks that could PREVENT memory loss
- 00:05 Concern over 'rapid' rise of drink and drug abuse among the over-50s