Louis Vuitton handbags 'cheapest in London' after Brexit vote
London may be one of the most expensive cities in the world for tourists, but not if you are after a Louis Vuitton handbag.
According to research from Deloitte, items from the designer and other luxury goods now cost less in Britain in dollar terms than anywhere else.
It linked the trend to the fall in sterling since the Brexit vote, which has boosted tourists' spending power.
The pound has fallen more than 17% against the dollar since June.
According to the research, which was prepared for the Wall Street Journal, a Speedy 30 handbag from Louis Vuitton cost £645 in London as of 7 October,... read more
- 00:22 Mixed message on complex realities of Muslim life in Europe
- 00:22 Neoliberalism’s stalking horse
- 00:22 Arsenal silence critics with derby win
- 00:22 Bairstow: England are raring to go
- 00:22 England get it done on a wet Saturday evening
- 00:22 The novel of lust and lunacy that enraged Spain
- 00:22 Get set for next year’s Merthyr Rising Festival
- 00:22 Should we still use the terms ‘bourgeois’ and ‘proletariat’?
- 00:22 A gaffe that wasn’t a gaffe
- 00:22 Madrid under fire for welcoming in fugitive ex-mayor
- 00:22 PLO blasts threat to close down diplomatic outpost
- 00:22 Goodbye and good riddance, Mugabe?
- 00:22 Anti-frackers face increasing police violence
- 00:22 BiFab workers celebrate victory for work-in fight
- 00:22 Socialist values the way back to power
- 00:21 How mum moved to Italy to learn about ice cream - now her own...
- 00:21 Watch painful moment girl loses £1000 jackpot on madcap new TV...
- 00:21 Theresa May announces £250 million for major Midland Metro...
- 00:21 Black Friday survey finds 60% of last year's deals available at...
- 00:19 Germany coalition: Talks collapse as FDP pulls out
- 00:17 Matt Doherty marvels at John Ruddy as Wolves show they can do the...
- 00:08 Club vs country is a challenge to keep check on travelling Premier...
- 00:08 Dribbling in football is becoming a dying art... the coaches have...
- 00:04 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Has the magic worn off for Debbie McGee?
- 00:04 I'm A Celebrity 2017: Ant McPartlin up to his old tricks in the jungle
- 00:04 I’m A Celebrity 2017: Shappi Khorsandi breaks down amid horrifying...
- 23:58 Ex-England paceman Gladstone Small on retaining the Ashes on...
- 23:58 Former Australia captain Ricky Ponting claims Alastair Cook will...
- 23:57 Chile election: Conservative Sebastian Pinera takes lead
- 23:48 Zlatan Ibrahimovic vows to hunt down Manchester City as he returns...