Lottery millions for Yorkshire's World Cycle Championships to enhance UK as world leading host
0 Have your say Millions of pounds of National Lottery funding for the 2019 UCI Road World Cycle Championships will help Yorkshire enhance the UK's reputation as a world leading host, says the head of UK Sport.
The agency, responsible for the strategic investment of Lottery cash, partnered Welcome to Yorkshire, British Cycling and the Government's Department for Culture, Media and Sport. in the successful bid.
Yorkshire defeated rivals from Colombia, Canada, Italy and Germany.
t means the White Rose county will again get to host one of the biggest sporting events on the planet - with 1,000... read more
- 21:42 Arsenal prepare new bid to seal world record Kylian Mbappe transfer
- 21:40 Transfer rumour: West Brom and Hull 'have Egypt international watched'
- 21:38 Theresa May reveals whether EU nationals will be allowed to stay in...
- 21:38 Leader comment: Brexit denial is more malady than melody
- 21:38 Checks find combustible cladding on seven tower blocks
- 21:37 Tom Cruise sex shock: He 'juggled Bible study and bl** jobs' on set...
- 21:34 Police appeal for dash-cam footage after reported sex attack in Wirral
- 21:32 Jaylen Brown Exclusive: Boston Celtics fans will be excited about...
- 21:32 Alexis Sanchez will decide Arsenal future after 'break' - Lee Dixon
- 21:32 Mohamed Salah: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp hails second summer signing
- 21:32 Roger Federer looking forward to Wimbledon showdown to challenge...
- 21:32 Liverpool confirm Roberto Firmino as new number nine: Club offers...
- 21:32 Rory McIlroy disappointed with missed putts but feeling optimistic...
- 21:31 Fears cliff may collapse a third time after giant crack appears...
- 21:31 Plans to close two Derby city centre car parks concerns drivers -...
- 21:27 Mohamed Salah to wear No.11 at Liverpool after completing £39m...
- 21:27 I’ll give county a determined and loud voice
- 21:27 Passengers face three more days of misery after new rail strike is...
- 21:25 Global stocks advance on modest oil bounce
- 21:25 U.S. voices concern about violence against monitors in east Ukraine
- 21:24 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp delighted with Mohamed Salah transfer
- 21:22 Done Deal: Liverpool complete Mohamed Salah transfer
- 21:22 Tail docking row: could it cost Nicola Sturgeon votes?
- 21:22 What can the SNP teach Theresa May about minority government?
- 21:22 May offers EU nationals the right to stay after Brexit
- 21:19 Wall St. ends flat but healthcare stocks rally
- 21:18 US man 'gave Chinese agent secrets'
- 21:17 Fears for missing Thornliebank pensioner as police appeal for...
- 21:16 Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore on brink of move to Lyon for £16m
- 21:16 Germany 1-1 Chile: Alexis Sanchez becomes country's record goal...