Lost cats and missing keys top list of ridiculous 999 calls
A worrying list of bizarre 999 calls from timewasters includes reports of a ‘confused’ horse and a complaint about too much sweetcorn on a pizza.
One caller dialled the emergency line after forgetting where their car was parked, while another asked police to kick a stray cat out of their house.
Thames Valley Police revealed the list to raise national awareness across all police forces after suggesting artificial intelligence could soon be used to handle some emergency calls - because operators are having their vital time wasted by daft calls.
They also hope sharing the details will warn the... read more
- 11:59 MP ‘delighted’ by Fylde job figures
- 11:59 Zoe set to have a ball at Radio 2's Ibiza weekend
- 11:58 Hugh Grant to marry for the first time
- 11:58 50,000 knitted poppies and massive community spirit - how Ripon's...
- 11:58 Over 30 miles of motorway links across Yorkshire set for safety...
- 11:58 John's real-time WW1 blog: 17 more casualties overshadow hints of...
- 11:57 Watch out - extra speed camera vans on roads
- 11:56 Glasgow Westerwood hotel and golf resort among five new DoubleTrees
- 11:56 Alexis Sánchez admits he has struggled to adapt at Manchester United
- 11:56 Over 30 miles of motorway links across Yorkshire set for safety...
- 11:55 Extra tickets for Lionel Richie's Northampton gig go on sale
- 11:55 Simon Kerrigan hits a ton as Fulwood and Broughton enjoy Lancashire...
- 11:53 Mark Zuckerberg to meet EU leaders tomorrow after snubbing the UK
- 11:53 Aerial shot of Harry and Meghan could be the best royal wedding photo
- 11:53 House for sale offers rare opportunity to become part of island life
- 11:53 'Whey Aye' wheel plans for Newcastle quayside
- 11:53 Claire Williams at Aire Studio aims to bring the Lancashire scape...
- 11:52 Blackpool paramedic Rhian’s pioneering idea helps cut A&E visits
- 11:52 GALLERY: Wigan Warriors fans at the Magic Weekend
- 11:51 Key white supremacist found living in Montreal exposes reach of...
- 11:51 MP ‘delighted’ by Fylde job figures
- 11:51 Blackpool paramedic Rhian’s pioneering idea helps cut A&E visits
- 11:50 Ozell Pemberton murder: Boy, 17, in court accused of fatal stabbing...
- 11:50 St Helens students raise funds for local cancer centre
- 11:49 Using lots of mirrors, can you see infinity?
- 11:48 Claire Williams at Aire Studio aims to bring the Lancashire scape...
- 11:47 Nominate your everyday hero for St John Ambulance
- 11:47 Yuval Noah Harari: Brexit will not halt drive to 'human unification'
- 11:47 Van blaze in Ripon considered deliberate, say Police
- 11:47 Chorley are thwarted despite Wian century