Losses at Thomas Cook narrow as holiday makers flock to Greece, Bulgaria and Turkey
Renewed demand for holidays to Greece and Turkey narrowed losses at Thomas Cook.
The company saw an ‘improved’ performance of 11 per cent across the group as bookings to Greece in the three months to the end of June were up 22 per cent, while Bulgaria and Cyprus increased 19 per cent and 14 per cent respectively.
Sales rose 14 per cent to £2.3bn while losses narrowed to £31m from £64m in the same period the year before. Its gross profit increased 11 per cent to £468m.
Peter Fankhauser, chief executive, said: ‘The pick-up in demand for Turkey we reported earlier in the year has continued, as... read more
- 08:48 Brig blow as skipper undergoes operation
- 08:45 Owners of popular Barrow pie shop thank police for speedy response...
- 08:43 Kim Kardashian sparks speculation her surrogate is pregnant with twins
- 08:41 Married Premier League star 'tried to rape me': Female QPR player...
- 08:41 Crazed drunk jumped onto car bonnet, bent windscreen wipers and...
- 08:41 Is Cristiano Ronaldo engaged? Star beams with pride with pregnant...
- 08:40 'I didn't want to be classed as a Northern actress' says Lesley...
- 08:39 Traffic chaos in Derby as car overturns at Five Lamps
- 08:39 Flood warning issued in the Calder Valley
- 08:38 Barnier to quit as EU's Brexit negotiator BEFORE trade talks...
- 08:37 Man Utd News: Mourinho threatens players claim, big injury boost,...
- 08:37 Mother filmed Argos doll ‘saying b***h’ to girl, 2, instead of Mama
- 08:37 Toni Kroos talks up Harry Kane at FIFA The Best awards amid...
- 08:37 Cristiano Ronaldo and family joined by Real Madrid team-mate Sergio...
- 08:33 Trump in Twitter spat with grieving war widow pregnant with slain...
- 08:32 Police seek vandal over attack on ambulance in Sheffield
- 08:30 Serious accident closes road in both directions off A57
- 08:29 Owner of Preston's 1842 bar insists venue is not closing
- 08:29 Powerhouse chief’s praise for Lancashire
- 08:28 Schoolboys mimed sex acts on black pupils and shouted about...
- 08:28 'I was afraid to go out on street' - Midland slavery victim
- 08:28 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:28 Man Utd news: Ryan Giggs makes bold Man City title prediction
- 08:27 Neymar slams Marseille fans for throwing ‘baguettes’ at him during...
- 08:27 Missing Barrow man found safe and well
- 08:27 Leader comment: Football exposes children to hate
- 08:27 Maureen Dowd: Carter lusts for Trump posting
- 08:26 Lune Valley family farm saved by ‘hipster coffee drinkers’
- 08:25 Staggering rise of hate crime reports in Hull and East Yorkshire
- 08:24 Soap spoilers: EastEnders reveals a huge announcement