'Losing hair is a small price when fighting for your life' - North Lincolnshire woman describes her battle with breast cancer
A NORTH Lincolnshire woman has spoken about her battle with breast cancer as council officials have urged others to be breast aware to help cut the number of deaths from the disease.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and each year, almost 55,000 people are diagnosed with the disease in the UK and almost 12,000 die from it.
Stef Rae-Hassall from Epworth was diagnosed with breast cancer in November 2014, at the age of 39.
She said: “I felt a funny area in my right breast so I arranged an appointment with my GP who sent me to the breast clinic.
"The doctor said he couldn’t really... read more
- 10:05 PICTURE: Mysterious Turin Shroud-style horse's head appears on...
- 10:05 Doncaster man jailed for grooming teenage girl online
- 10:04 Could you be a town councillor in Stamford?
- 10:04 M&G lifts UK property funds suspension
- 10:04 DANGEROUS DOGS: 1,500 out-of-control dogs reported to Northants police
- 10:03 Chester woman celebrates Hospice Care Week in verse
- 10:03 Tarporley show jumper on course for national championships
- 10:03 Police release e-fit of man suspected of pulling down woman’s hijab
- 10:02 Police in Barrow issue advice on wearing clown costumes for Halloween
- 10:02 Kenilworth barbershop singers to perform in one-off concert
- 10:02 Chelsea captain John Terry set to miss Man United clash with...
- 10:01 By-election to be held for former prime minister David Cameron’s...
- 10:01 Police issue image of car in relation to Banbury attempted murder
- 10:01 Chance to get involved in plan
- 10:01 Appeal to find missing Warwick woman
- 10:01 Councillors allay fears over relocation of Visions Children’s...
- 10:01 Meet the man behind the gruelling 10K Wolf Run
- 10:00 Hard Brexit ‘would spell disaster for many farms’
- 10:00 Rangers ace Niko Kranjcar in crock shock - Ibrox chiefs fear...
- 09:59 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho reacts to Paul Pogba-Wayne Rooney Europa...
- 09:59 Shkodran Mustafi sends message to Arsenal stars: We have to keep...
- 09:59 Alain Juppe says Calais migrant checks should return to UK
- 09:59 Man United enter transfer battle with Liverpool and Leicester for...
- 09:59 Expected Chelsea XI: How Antonio Conte will take on Man United with...
- 09:58 Three Conservation Areas have been put on the at risk register
- 09:59 PICTURE: Mysterious Turin Shroud-style horse's head appears on...
- 09:58 Aberfan remembered 50 years on: Minute's silence to honour 144 killed
- 09:58 Two vehicle smash closes busy road
- 09:58 Competition watchdog to probe online gambling firms amid unfair...
- 09:57 Yorkshire businesses ‘can benefit massively’ from American...