'Losing hair is a small price when fighting for your life' - North Lincolnshire woman describes her battle with breast cancer
A NORTH Lincolnshire woman has spoken about her battle with breast cancer as council officials have urged others to be breast aware to help cut the number of deaths from the disease.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and each year, almost 55,000 people are diagnosed with the disease in the UK and almost 12,000 die from it.
Stef Rae-Hassall from Epworth was diagnosed with breast cancer in November 2014, at the age of 39.
She said: “I felt a funny area in my right breast so I arranged an appointment with my GP who sent me to the breast clinic.
"The doctor said he couldn’t really... read more
- 07:50 Santa body shames nine-year-old boy
- 07:50 Arsenal legend: Arsene Wenger had the chance to sign this superstar...
- 07:50 Transfer News: Arsenal’s Cazorla replacement, Chelsea eye £38m bid,...
- 07:50 Russia says close to reaching understanding on Aleppo with U.S. - Ifax
- 07:48 Former Caralot partner Jamie Caple apologises after Spondon firm...
- 07:47 New average speed cameras on a Lincolnshire road catch 190 speeding...
- 07:47 Driver in disbelief over parking ticket for being 10 SECONDS late
- 07:47 Why are the swans disappearing from Brayford Pool in Lincoln?
- 07:47 New home for flood-hit centre
- 07:47 Barton under Needwood became a different place the day Arnold...
- 07:46 Gay priest loses appeal in discrimination claim against Church
- 07:45 M1 reopens after 17-hour closure due to lorry crash
- 07:45 Leicestershire weather: Cloudy with rain to start, clearing later.
- 07:45 Scunthorpe firm sees surge in sales after receiving cash boost
- 07:45 Humberside Police rated 'good' for legitimacy
- 07:45 Rochdale game is the only focus for Scunthorpe says manager Graham...
- 07:45 Humberside Police has highest grievance rate in the country
- 07:45 £6.5m futuristic flats plan for Scunthorpe town centre
- 07:45 'Tent town' row as council found only one of the protesters to be...
- 07:44 UK online supermarket Ocado's sales growth dips
- 07:43 Schoolboy lunges at people with a knife before being shot by police
- 07:43 Couple who left newborn with ‘catastrophic injuries’ to go to...
- 07:43 Here's what pupils of transgender Hull teacher Claire Birkenshaw...
- 07:43 Man returns overdue library book 120 years later
- 07:43 Where can you buy Hull City Of Culture 2017 merchandise?
- 07:43 Hero rugby players push ambulance free after it became stuck in...
- 07:43 Saints scrum-half Groom raring to go after honeymoon period
- 07:42 People can’t stop taking the p*ss out of Montreal’s sad Christmas tree
- 07:42 Half of UK workers 'have their heads in the sand over pensions' -...
- 07:42 RACHEL RICKARD STRAUS: What if customers wrote the Ts & Cs? That...