'Losing hair is a small price when fighting for your life' - North Lincolnshire woman describes her battle with breast cancer
A NORTH Lincolnshire woman has spoken about her battle with breast cancer as council officials have urged others to be breast aware to help cut the number of deaths from the disease.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and each year, almost 55,000 people are diagnosed with the disease in the UK and almost 12,000 die from it.
Stef Rae-Hassall from Epworth was diagnosed with breast cancer in November 2014, at the age of 39.
She said: “I felt a funny area in my right breast so I arranged an appointment with my GP who sent me to the breast clinic.
"The doctor said he couldn’t really... read more
- 17:29 Could your bridal party be on new TV show Always The Bridesmaid?
- 17:28 Hungry Anderson ‘doing everything’ to win back his Cobblers spot
- 17:28 Police say ‘no evidence’ Isis involved in Parliament terror attack
- 17:28 SHDC ‘hoisting the white flag and surrendering to Springfields’
- 17:28 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger holds talks with Chelsea transfer...
- 17:28 Real Madrid to send scouts to watch Porto duo: Cristiano Ronaldo...
- 17:27 Manchester United will be without these SEVEN stars for West Brom...
- 17:27 Aston Villa: Who is Sam Gallagher and why would he interest Steve...
- 17:28 Papas to serve 10,000 fish and chips for 1p at Willerby and Bilton...
- 17:27 Watch Ant McPartlin attempt Llanfairpwll tongue twister live on TV
- 17:27 What YOU have to say about Gwynedd Council spending £2,000 on...
- 17:27 David Storey dead: This Sporting Life author dies aged 83
- 17:26 Chelsea loan star Tammy Abraham showcases incredible skill in...
- 17:26 Grenade recovered from side of A483 between Chester and Wrexham
- 17:25 ‘Short window of opportunity’ to break Stormont deadlock
- 17:25 Free gelato at new Rugby ice cream parlour
- 17:25 Four men banned from Carlisle bars after violent incident
- 17:23 Iraqi forces make new push in Mosul Old City -federal police
- 17:23 Former Liverpool favourite Luis Garcia makes bold top four prediction
- 17:23 UFC star Nick Diaz rolls joint before triathlon
- 17:23 Foundations singer Clem Curtis dies aged 76
- 17:22 Ronaldo and Ronaldinho open up on who threw the best parties for...
- 17:22 Could your bridal party be on new TV show Always The Bridesmaid?
- 17:21 Have your say on Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- 17:20 CCTV appeal after religious hate crime' in Derbyshire village
- 17:19 Which Derbyshire sites are among the UK’s most visited tourist...
- 17:18 Wham! star Andrew Ridgeley slams Channel 5 George Michael documentary
- 17:18 The everyday items you should NEVER buy from a supermarket
- 17:18 Driver alert! Swan 'moving lane to lane' near Barnetby Top
- 17:18 Why vegan mothers are more likely to have children who perform...