Lorry driver had £3m cocaine haul hidden in cab
A long-distance lorry driver has been given a 16 year prison sentence after being found guilty of attempting to bring cocaine worth more than £3 million into the UK in his cab.
Philip Karl Green, 45, of Rydal Avenue, Thornton, was stopped by Border Force officers at Immingham dock as he arrived on a ferry from Esbjerg in Denmark on 25 April 2015.
Concealed under the bunk bed in his cab were around 30 tape-wrapped packages. Forensic analysis showed each contained a kilo of cocaine, between 50 and 60 per cent pure.
In interviews with National Crime Agency officers Green refused to answer any... read more
- 07:08 Arrogance beggars belief
- 07:08 I liken Terry Palmer to Winston Smith
- 07:07 Man suffers bleed on the brain in attack
- 07:05 South Yorkshire dementia charity is all fired up and ready to go
- 07:04 LIVE: Storm Doris in Lancashire
- 07:04 Breast isn’t always best, so stop shaming formula mums
- 07:03 Philippines' minister says Duterte agrees with ban on mining in...
- 07:03 Le Pen increases first round lead in French election - poll
- 07:02 ‘District council failed over pool cleanliness’
- 07:01 Manchester United News: Wayne Rooney update, Midfielder transfer...
- 07:01 Kasper Schmeichel plays down heroics to keep Leicester's Champions...
- 07:01 Shadow Housing Minister’s pledge for more affordable homes in...
- 07:00 Dialog Semiconductor sees good sales growth in 2017
- 06:59 Who's in charge of Hands Off HRI - and is the money safe? Here's...
- 06:58 BREAKING: Helen Bailey murder - Ian Stewart guilty of killing...
- 06:58 Man wanted over Blackpool attacks
- 06:58 Fylde Tories doubt over county plans
- 06:58 Fast and furious waterpark slides get the thumbs up
- 06:58 Homes plan wins council approval
- 06:58 Donald Trump revokes Obama policy that affected transgender students
- 06:58 Mum’s Corrie delight after acting break
- 06:58 Police welfare a priority insist force bosses
- 06:58 Museum Trust enjoys success with open day
- 06:58 LIVE: Storm Doris in Lancashire
- 06:57 Man 'gutted' in knife attack after refusing to give cash to beggars
- 06:57 One horse hit by vehicle after ponies run loose on A19
- 06:57 Hartlepool homeowner threatened with court for paving over his...
- 06:57 Extra support for Hartlepool and North Tees midwives
- 06:56 Italy says no problem with construction of TAP pipeline
- 06:56 Tech breakthroughs take a backseat in upcoming Apple iPhone launch