Lorry driver denies driving without due care and attention and crashing into minibus parked on A590
Justin Peel is accused of crashing his Scania LGV wagon into a minibus parked up in a lay-by at the side of the westbound A590 near to Arrad Food on April 16 of this year.
The 42-year-old, of Wordsworth Avenue, Bolton-le-Sands, was due to appear at Furness Magistrates' Court today.
It is alleged that he crashed into a Ford Iveco minibus which was parked on the verge with its hazard lights on. The crash caused injury to a number of passengers onboard the minibus.
The A590 was closed in both directions after the collision, which was reported by police at just before 4am on April 16.
Peel... read more
- 10:02 Dan Evans battles past Bernard Tomic to continue remarkable...
- 10:02 This artist paints women’s bitchy resting faces
- 10:02 Donald Trump inauguration: 45th US president to be sworn in
- 10:02 Delays on the A51 at Whittington due to an accident
- 10:02 Kenwick Park GC to hold Ashton Turner weekend for new tour...
- 10:02 Donald Trump's inauguration: Here's everything you need to know
- 10:01 Divock Origi urges Liverpool team-mates to concentrate on...
- 10:01 Man arrested following armed robberies
- 10:01 I’ll unify America, pledges Trump... but the protests have already...
- 10:01 Man dies after serious crash
- 10:00 Charity on the lookout for help
- 10:00 Retail sales fall 1.9% in December
- 10:00 You should report passengers who watch porn on public transport,...
- 09:59 Sheffield teacher named as Yorkshire’s ‘souper star’
- 09:59 Nottinghamshire farmer plants 'edible woodland'
- 09:59 College plans to take on former deeds building
- 09:58 Funeral of Daniel McMullen takes place in Workington today
- 09:58 Hospital faces rise in business rates
- 09:58 Man caught on CCTV stealing meat worth £60 from Leeds Road Co-op
- 09:57 Overturned car in serious accident near Tamworth
- 09:57 Two patients treated after collision near West Midlands Water Ski...
- 09:57 Husband of Kulwinder Kaur charged with her murder
- 09:56 Lancaster cafe owner denies owing ex-staff wages
- 09:57 Aston Villa and Jordan Rhodes: We tried our best - Steve Bruce
- 09:56 City becomes national LGBT hub
- 09:56 Sheffield man jailed after turning 'ceramic bong' shaped like...
- 09:56 A new era for your favourite local newspapers
- 09:56 Dan Evans reaches fourth round of a Grand Slam for first time after...
- 09:56 Jealous husband stabbed wife to death because she talked to...
- 09:56 City News: Halfords' happy Christmas, furniture-makers fined and a...