Lord Ashcroft to donate to Conservatives again
Ex-Conservative Party deputy chairman Lord Ashcroft says he will start donating to the party again.
The tycoon told the BBC he would probably join a club for party donors called the Leader's Group.
This club requires an annual membership fee of £50,000.
Lord Ashcroft - also a former party treasurer - donated millions of pounds to the Conservatives, often targeted at marginal seats, but fell out with ex-prime minister David Cameron in 2010.
Speaking to BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg, the peer praised Mr Cameron's replacement, Theresa May, for her speech on Brexit to the Conservative... read more
- 00:24 Customer makes complaint at Clarks - and ends up getting married
- 00:24 Reminisce about the great (and not-so-great) Lincoln City players...
- 00:20 Wearside care home still in special measures after again being...
- 00:16 This weekend’s local league matches....
- 00:12 Golden day for Berwick fighters with eight European BJJ titles
- 00:07 GTR’s injunction bid living in wonderland
- 00:07 Fishing expedition without a catch
- 00:07 Direction an antidote to medical melodramatics
- 00:07 All together now for Corbyn
- 00:07 IOC demands Tokyo reduce Games costs
- 00:07 Ronaldinho wants to support Chapecoense’s rebuild
- 00:08 Hello there! Chimps can recognise friends with a single glance at...
- 00:07 Formula One: Rosberg calls it quits: ‘I am done’
- 00:08 Iron Man suits, X ray detectors and a fake Facebook and Twitter for...
- 00:07 The Cuban people still need our solidarity
- 00:08 Stackable soccer pitches could bring sport into the city: Radical...
- 00:07 Accessibility for all shouldn’t be this hard
- 00:08 The 'Netflix AI' set to hunt for aliens: Machine learning algorithm...
- 00:07 Labour cannot win the next election with a Ukip agenda
- 00:08 Former Liverpool striker opens up: My warning for Anfield ace Ben...
- 00:08 Watch the world's biggest cities evolve: Google's timelapse reveals...
- 00:07 Do not mourn – organise
- 00:07 Hasta la victoria siempre
- 00:07 United States: Trump promises ‘peace’
- 00:07 Indonesia: 10 arrested for ‘plotting to turn protest to coup’
- 00:07 Labour to cut fares with nationalisation
- 00:07 Tory toff claims he ‘knows what it’s like to be poor’
- 00:07 Lack of clarity on sanctions ‘leads to postcode lottery’
- 00:06 Lib Dems claim Richmond shock is sign of turning tide on Brexit
- 00:04 Money transfer firm WorldRemit eyes new markets, growth