Looming digital regulation has U.S. truck industry scrambling
A new regulation that will force U.S. trucking companies to electronically log employee hours is designed to limit accidents by keeping tired drivers off the road.
It may also drive smaller trucking firms out of business.
A trucking industry survey earlier this year of mostly small operators found that 84 percent lacked electronic logs, according to load-matching firm truckstop.com. Paper logs allow transport companies already facing razor thin margins to fudge the books, boosting their hours on the road to help the bottom line.
But a mandated switch to a digital system by late December... read more
- 18:37 Birmingham City transfer digest: Deal agreed for Dan Scarr, Digeo...
- 18:37 Who is Aston Villa transfer target James Bree? All you need to know...
- 18:37 Nintendo News: Fire Emblem Heroes, Nintendo Classic Mini stock,...
- 18:36 Last drinks for Sheffield's Holme Lea pub
- 18:36 Pick up your rubbish, frustrated Parson Cross resident urges
- 18:36 Body found in South Yorkshire park
- 18:36 Chelsea player ratings: Diego Costa is back, but was he man of the...
- 18:33 Transfer News: Man Utd £26m swoop, Arsenal scout Portugal star,...
- 18:33 Chelsea 2 - Hull 0: Costa strikes on return to help Conte's men...
- 18:33 Chelsea player ratings: Diego Costa redeems himself but which Blues...
- 18:33 Big Brother’s eye on the health service
- 18:30 Pigeon show celebrates 40 years in resort
- 18:27 Arsenal ace opens up on Burnley victory: This is what we had to do
- 18:27 Former Colne Valley MP Sir Patrick Duffy to receive a papal knighthood
- 18:25 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Wyberton school hosts Ugandan children’s choir
- 18:24 Theresa May is preparing to lose battle at Supreme Court
- 18:24 Arsenal 2 Burnley 1: Alexis Sanchez saves Gunners with last-gasp...
- 18:24 Stars appear at Trainspotting sequel premiere
- 18:22 Rhyl soldier blown up by Taliban in Afghanistan tells of how golf...
- 18:22 Diego Costa’s popularity among the Chelsea squad revealed by...
- 18:20 Mahe Fonua says sorry to Hull FC fans after indifferent second-half
- 18:20 Hull City's Ryan Mason taken to hospital after head injury at Chelsea
- 18:19 Chile forest fires: Troops join fight against worst fires in decades
- 18:19 FEATURE: Chimney fire safety advice
- 18:17 Ever fancied being a landlord? Now is your chance with these pubs...
- 18:16 From record profits to restaurant grants...five business stories...
- 18:15 Arsenal send staff to collect information on Euro 2016 winner:...
- 18:15 Brian Neville obituary
- 18:14 Bidding is open to land £2.75bn contract for HS2's 225mph trains
- 18:12 Yassar Yaqub shooting: Lead investigator meets his family