Looking back...at Clyde Street
0 Have your say Clyde Street, Wallsend, was nearing the end of its life when it was photographed on April 2, 1963.
Most of the surrounding land had been cleared to make way for a new shopping centre and Findlay’s was one of four businesses which had refused to move to Hadrian Road.
Edward Findlay can be traced as a painter at Holme Avenue in 1911. In the 1920’s he advertised as a painter, signwriter and decorator at Shields Road. Circa 1936 he moved into 56 Clyde Street, near to the old established Rochester’s blacksmith’s shop. In later years the electoral rolls list a paint shop run by... read more
- 10:30 The Premier League's deadliest ever penalty takers - ranked by...
- 10:29 Letters - December 12, 2016
- 10:28 Santa to fly in to local hospice
- 10:27 CSKA Moscow star Alan Dzagoev looks to heap misery on Tottenham at...
- 10:27 DEBATE: Should the drink-drive limit be reduced in England?
- 10:27 Palmer concerned by Nailers’ Sunday switch
- 10:27 Manchester City’s Patrick Roberts reveals Pep Guardiola’s words...
- 10:26 New fund attracts £40m in just four days
- 10:26 Could your old mobile pay for Christmas? Classic Motorola and Nokia...
- 10:26 Death crash inquest opened
- 10:25 Tata steel and unions to meet over deal to save thousands of jobs
- 10:25 Keepers of poultry warned to keep birds inside to protect from bird...
- 10:25 New police powers will tackle Lancaster city centre crime
- 10:24 Young footballer scores goal – then drops dead on the pitch from a...
- 10:24 Everton vs Arsenal - win tickets to the Premier League match,...
- 10:23 CCTV still released after card stolen in Buxton burglary is used
- 10:23 Kenilworth D-Day veteran ‘overcome’ with emotion after receiving...
- 10:22 Lincolnshire Devolution: What now for the remaining eight?
- 10:21 EU fines Credit Agricole, HSBC, JPMorgan for Euribor fixing
- 10:21 UK industrial output suffers biggest fall in four years after...
- 10:21 This Manchester city pub will be feeding the homeless on Christmas day
- 10:21 Mourners shave heads for India's Jayalalitha
- 10:20 Pundit calls on Arsenal star Mesut Ozil to make this improvement to...
- 10:20 Ex-Real Madrid president discusses Alexis Sanchez's potential...
- 10:20 Corby police and their partners set up shop in the town centre
- 10:20 What is the speed of light? 6 facts surrounding today’s Google Doodle
- 10:19 £5 notes 'worth £20,000' in circulation
- 10:19 Business Stream chief grilled over farm complaints
- 10:18 Corby police and their partners set up shop in the town centre
- 10:18 Have your say on policing in the Kettering area